DJ Quik: Dr. Dre Has 400 Tracks For “Detox,” Snoop And Dre Working Together Again

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
In a recent interview with Loud.com, Compton rapper and record producer DJ Quik revealed that he has been spending time with the legendary Dr. Dre.

“Nobody gets to say this, I’m gonna snitch. The man is getting piano lessons from Burt Bacharach and he’s reinterpreting [Frederic] Chopin symphony stuff. It’s crazy, he’s lost his mind. He’s got like 400 records. As a matter of a fact, I was there for like four hours, and I think I only heard maybe 60 songs. This man’s got like six or seven Detox records if he wants, it’s just crazy,” Quik told Loud.com

“Another cool thing too that some of y’all don’t know, Snoop is now back in the studio with Dr. Dre. It’s about too crazy!”

Aside from working on various projects over the last several years, Quik also mentioned that he just recently finished working on a “Sliver” remix for pop rock band Maroon 5.

While Detox was originally slated for release in 2004, it is rumored that the album will be released before the end of the year.

J.R. Rotem, RZA, Scott Storch and Warren G, as well as others, are all said to be contributing to the new album.

W

westcoastin

dre might have over 400 beats but he doesnt have recorded tracks....

come on this is the same guy who took 2-3 yrs to make a beat

im sure he saved up a large amount by now

snoops helping him write the lyrics n shit prolly

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
^^ well quik has apparently heard 60 out of 400 of those records....i think dre will have something up his sleeve...this is supposed to be his last album isnt it?..

damn! 400 songs? iz dat beats or actual lyrics and hooks on all of em? i kno damn well he aint gonna put out no 400 songs on 1 album. so a whole bunch of good beats or songs r gonna go unreleased and may neva come out? i donno y dre would put off da album so long, unless he was afraid his album would brick and datz all he be remembered fo, thanx 2 dis new methodology "ya only az good az ya last album". i kno i heard dis beat sposta be by dre on da net called "murda ink" and its sick. wit all dis muzik, i cant c how dre would wanna retire. if itz beats he could jus sell em or give em away cuz he got so many. dat album iz long overdue. either get it dis year or dont bother. i aint gonna jus wait up fo da shit fo another 4 years or wuteva.

^ me too!

Whadda ya mean M fell off hardcore? Did you hear any of his stuff on Re-Up? I been sayin this since I heard him on it. I think that whole puttin Shady to rest thing on his last solo didn't work out so well for him, specially after his personal drama. I think he's got the angry M back and this album ain't gunna be a massacre, it'll be a rampage! At least I hope...

K

KIR_RAH

Dr. Dre is one of the best of all time!

...adn fuck these suckers who was saying fuck detox and shit, fuck them! They can even step in the tip of the nail of this man lil toe. Dre is my fella, and you'll see his album when it gotta be seen, and you'll be blown away. This is the most anticipated album not only in hip hop but in music, who says othwerwise is just ignorant piece of shit! And it will match much more to its anticipation. But you gotta wait not only a lil more, wait, ya diiiiiiiig!

raywaters11

400 tracks...
thats like, 20 cds
and since Dre realeases one every like, 9 years...
He could be in the game for about 200 more years.
Long live the King.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.