DJ Premier talks Nas collabo album, producing for Whitney Houston

DJ Premier has already worked with one pop diva this year - on Christina Aguilera's Back to Basics album – and it looks like Whitney Houston is next.

“I'm not gonna jinx it but there [have] been talks and I've met with the right people so if that goes down I'd love to give her a big record,” he said.

“I know what she needs. I'm not gonna give her a record about rolling on dubs and all that just because that's what's current. That's beneath her. She can go left field as long as the record's banging and she sings it well."

"She deserves another chance," he added in support of her well-publicised troubles. "I won't misguide her career and give her some bullshit."

Also, earlier this year there were rumours Nas would feature on an LP exclusively produced by DJ Premier.

Although one Premier track has been confirmed for his upcoming Hip-Hop Is Dead…The N album, a proper collaboration between the two legends is still on the cards.

"We did one song for the [new] album but we haven't mixed it yet. [Nas] told me he wants the next album to be the one that we finally do, just me and him, all the way through - just a Premier and Nas album. We'll see if that goes down," he said.

Hip-Hop Is Dead…The N has been rescheduled to a December 19th release date.

Speaking on the release date, DJ Premier said, “I think he should wait 'til next year, personally, to really make a classic bomb. He can do it but I think he needs more time. Whatever he chooses, he's got my support."

Premiers SICK. Very underrated. If Nas sticks to Premo on a full 18 track album, then we got ourselves Illmatic II, which is what Nas should call it if it goes down. :cool:

PuffnScruff said:
since when has premo been underrated? he's a fucking legend. canadian wiggers are funny sometimes

of course he's a legend, but people dont give him the recognition and business he deserves...thats what underrated means. Florida Pokemon lovers are such deuschebags!

PuffnScruff

PELLA said:
of course he's a legend, but people dont give him the recognition and business he deserves...thats what underrated means. Florida Pokemon lovers are such deuschebags!
arent you a pokemon lover you said you used to play with pokemon stuff, and im not from florida:p

he has always been getting recognition. you have no idea what you are talking about

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.