DJ Premier In 1994

Chronic

Damn.

I'm thinking of GangStarr's Hard to Earn and Jeru the Damaja's The Sun Rises in the East.
(Did he do a lot more dope shit that year? I can't remember. Someone inform me)

My favorites would be (Jeru beats) D. Original, Ain't the Devil Happy (the chorus espec), Come Clean, My Mind Spray (GangStarr beats) ALONGWAYTOGO, Code of the Streets, F.A.L.A. (the drums!), Suckas Need Bodyguards, Tonz 'O' Gunz, Speak Ya Clout (1st beat) ... damn so many.

I was thinking who would sound best over those beats? Jeru and Guru excluded, naturally.

You're welcome to say an artist for every beat if you got time to kill. Otherwise just drop some names.

I'm thinking Black Moon (D. Original, Ain't the Devil Happy, DWYCK), Gravediggaz (Suckas Need Bodyguards), Kool G Rap (F.A.L.A. .. when you hear Shug rap you can't help but think G Rap), Lord Finesse (Blowin' Up the Spot, Da Bichez, Mostly tha Voice), Nas during Illmatic (Mass Appeal), GZA (Ain't the Devil Happy, My Mind Spray).
I can't think of many more which sucks cuz I know there are so many more dope possibilities.

This thread will die soon.

word.

premo killed 94/95. don't forget his work on illmatic and ready to die.

and then in 95 he did the whole group home album and the crooklyn dodger's "return..." which is one of his best ever beats.

and nas over the "mass appeal" beat would be dope.

DPG iz all I C said:
Yeah you forgot he produced on Illmatic :)
he said that.

i cant think of any rap that sound's better than guru and premier together.

What year was Reasonable doubt done. he dropped some dope beats on that to

i always thought B.I.G. would have sounded better on memory lane and Pac would have sounded better on Represent. Not that Nas wasn't sick on both, but you know.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.