DJ Drama & Saigon; Welcome to Saigon mixtape.

7 Syns

I downloaded it last night and it's decent, Saigon comes through with solid verses and great selection of beats. It is the typical New York if not a punchline then it's bragging if not that the guntalk but his little twist on all that is nice.

peace.

roaches

The mixtape is new, the songs on it are old.

It's funny that DJ Drama did it, in light of Saigon hating on the south.

roaches

Saigon quotes:
"Yeah, it is real hard. I feel like – not to dis the South, because my family is from the South and my mother is from the South - but I feel like, they have kind of dumbed the Hip-Hop down so much..."

"Like up here in New York, we were always considered more advanced than Down South people. Now it is like the tail wagging the dog. Now, it is like the slow people are leading the advanced. The slow mo’ f-----rs is like in control of shit because the majority rules. And there is more slow people, so now that is what is in effect. So now the people who like to hear insight and introspective lyrics and like to grow and learn – you can’t learn from a Down South record."

"East Coast rap is based around lyrics. Down South rap is more how you say it, than what you say. It’s more rhythm and melodic."

^^Word up to all of that shit.

"we all gotta be proud of the south//
but you can show love by simply shouting em out//
but nah all of a sudden nigga is saying shit like bout' dat//
everyfucking raper gotta do a dirty south track//
A bounce track like a nigga cant blow up without that//"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.