DJ Drama and Lil' Wayne - Dedication 2

roaches

This shit is fire. He *killed* "Ambitionz as a Ridah".

It's nice listening to people rap just because they'd rather do nothing else.

i like the georgia bush track better then the ambitionz one... lil wayne i knew he had it in him and good to hear him speak up and not turn the other cheek

It's a shame that Lil Wayne's mixtapes outshine his albums. He comes tyte on tracks like "Georgia Bush" and "No Other" but on songs like "Walk it Off" he falls back into the old Wayne, which I really didn't like at all. Enjoyable material.

roaches

He's like an idiot savant. All he does is rap, rap, rap. On his albums, I think focusing on actual songwriting keeps him from focusing on what he's truly good at. When it comes to mixtapes, all he has to do is flow, so it's fantastic.

This is why hip-hop needs more producers and songwriters and less egos. All we have now is cats making beats and e-mailing them to a studio, or rappers without charisma writing verses for other cats. Imagine someone with the sheer rapping ability of Lil' Wayne or Bun B sitting down with someone with actual ideas about song structure other than a catchy chorus (Hi, 50!) or jiggy beat.

Shit, look at "Shooter". That was a complete song, there, Lil' Wayne just had to fill in the gaps with what he does best, and the end result was the most talked-about song from his last album.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
which # is over ambitionz?
edit: ha finaly found it last night when my boy had it in the stereo. but wayne did his thing on this tape love it he kept comin with it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.