DJ Dirty Harry re-masters old mixtapes

Mixtape legend DJ Dirty Harry has received so many requests for his older material that he has re-mastered and re-released one of his old tapes. Make My Day was originally circulated on audio cassette in 1995 and is now available for the first time on CD.

Newer fans know him from his contributions to the popular Rap Phenomenon series, but Harry has been around for years. “Harry is a legend,” Nas said, “Even before I was in the rap game, I was buying his tapes on cassette.”

“Who’s representing the foundations?” Harry asks on the joint. Well if you think in terms of East Coast hip-hop, that question becomes rhetorical. In his signature echo sound Harry blends up artists from hip-hops golden era with many spots allocated to Notorious BIG, Nas, Rakim, AZ, Kool G Rap, Redman and Methodman to name a few. He also managed to find room for some classic R&B blends during the thirty-five track album with Mary J Blige popping up frequently, and even a mix of TLC’s ‘Waterfalls.’ In this seamlessly mixed relic you will know most of these smoky snare-based beats already, but after all, that is the point.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.