Disco D commits suicide

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
David "Disco D" Shayman, a producer who worked with 50 Cent on the rapper’s 2005 album The Massacre, committed suicide on Tuesday morning at his home in New York. He was 27.

According to reports, the up-and-coming producer had been suffering from manic depression and was diagnosed as having bipolar disorder.

The Ann Arbor, Michigan native first gained fame as a local DJ in the Detroit area. He began producing tracks for such artists as 50 Cent ("The Ski Mask Way") Nina Sky ("Turnin' Me On") and Kevin Federline ("Papazao").

Rapper Chamillionaire released the following statement expressing his condolences:

"I saw that he sent a website message a couple days ago to me and I replied before I left for the studio. I got back late and saw that he was excited about the news that one of his tracks was making it on ‘Ultimate Victory,’ considering the fact that he didn't make it on my first album. I told him that Lil’ Wayne was putting his verse on the song and sent him my number so that he could contact me directly if he needed to. We were in the process of negotiation with his management and lawyers but a situation as tragic as this makes me not even want to think about discussing any music or contracts. I send my condolences to his family and loved ones. I hope he rests in heavenly peace."

Guru I had a friend in college who was Bi-Polar. He was just fine.
Dunno what happend with this guy but he didn't get the attention(help) he wanted(needed) I guess and it's sad but he is problably much happier now so R.I.P.

GuRu

Ok.

It's possible but, ups and downs u know.

The downs can tear one apart. Just exhausting.

My shrink didn't define from what I exactly sufferd but he mentioned it (bipolar).

grtz

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.