Dipset + Premo

Got this from SOHH.

NEW YORK – The purple prince of Harlem never discriminates when it comes to selecting the perfect beat to accompany his ghetto narratives, and now he’s calling upon a legend to help solidify his latest project.

On his next album, Cameron Giles – a.k.a. Cam’ron – will be working with DJ Premier, who has produced classics for Gang Starr, Jay-Z, Nas and others. The album is set to be released this summer on Asylum Records.

“I’ve got mad respect for Premo,” Cam’ron said. “The man’s a legend. His beats are crazy hot. We’re looking to take this movement to the next level. The Diplomats are building a strong foundation for 2005 and Premo’s got the sound we’re looking for – that Piff.”

Although Cam'ron would not confirm it, there's also a rumor that DJ Premier produced a bonus track on Juelz Santana's sophomore album, "What The Game's Been Missing," which is also set to drop later this summer.

"Santana's joint is currently under wraps and waiting to hit the shelves -- just politics and bull****," Cam'ron said. "It's going to be the start of a beautiful summer. The Heatmakerz are working on a compilation for later this fall and my man Duke Da God is dropping an album. Go cop everything."

DAMN.

Rakim doing tracks with Juelz, DJ Kool Herc at DI2 release party, apparently Pete Rock's done a beat for Jim Jones, and now Prem working with them.

Further proof that Dipset are the best thing in NY hip hop at the moment.

roaches

This news, weighed in context with the other things going on in NY hip-hop:
* Ghostface working with El-P, MF Doom, Pete Rock
* Raekwon working with Ill Bill and Necro
* The reinvigorated BCC
* Babygrande + Diplomats
* Fat Joe flopping

make me smile.

*gag* at your Dipset cockriding of late, though. You sound like a Pitchfork writer.

Mase

aloivas said:
Further proof that Dipset are the best thing in NY hip hop at the moment.
I wouldn't go that far, but this is some good news none the less. I liked Purple Haze and Dipset are controlling the mixtape scene, while putting out some good music.
its linx! said:
What's funny?

roaches said:
This news, weighed in context with the other things going on in NY hip-hop:
* Ghostface working with El-P, MF Doom, Pete Rock
* Raekwon working with Ill Bill and Necro
* The reinvigorated BCC
* Babygrande + Diplomats
* Fat Joe flopping

make me smile.

*gag* at your Dipset cockriding of late, though. You sound like a Pitchfork writer.
i like the fact that ghostface is working with el-p, mf doom, and pete rock... thats set to be some fiiiire!

raekwon working with ill bill and necro seems weird as hell, but if necro is on the beat.. its gonna be some sick shit. i'm not a big fan of necro's rhyming, however his beats are another story. ill bill is nice on the mic, so i'm hopin to hear somethin good come from that.

babygrande and the diplomats working together? this may be a good sign for babygrande, as they are the independent label with sooo much fuckin talent - its about time they started working with more mainstream oriented artists... i think the diplomats over some stoupe production would be nice... some canibus and immortal technique appearances would really set it off too.

still can't believe joe flopped, thats some sorry shit, lol, but his single is nice.... but to me he comes with the same fucking material on every song he records... so he gets a bit repetitive to me.

Mase

roaches said:
Who would you say is better right now?
Masta Ace
Doom
Ghostface

All of those albums were released last year weren't they.
SMH.. I am afraid to say, Dipset are the best thing in NY Hip Hop currently.

Mark Deez said:
still can't believe joe flopped, thats some sorry shit, lol, but his single is nice.... but to me he comes with the same fucking material on every song he records... so he gets a bit repetitive to me.

What numbers did joe do? i thought he would do ok..... but i dont see ppl buyin his shyt 2 much.

ARon

Until they say something on a track im still tired of em, they sound nice, i mean i can listen to em, i buy their albums cus i like em, but i cant stand how they say nothing.
Truthfully i dont really like this with NaS droppin an album this year id rahter see Premo working with him and not Dipset, id rather here almost anyone over Premo than Cam, but oh well. Babygrande and the Diplomats, if they collab on some tracks it wouldnt even be funny how bad dip set would get outshined. Oh well ill still listen to em.

with NaS droppin an album this year id rahter see Premo working with him and not Dipset
Nah, man. We all know exactly what a Nas/Premier joint is gonna sound like. Wouldn't you like to hear something brand new, fresh and exciting? We know what kinda beat Preme would give Nas, and we've already heard Nas' sleepy voice over 'em before. I wanna hear a hype Juelz track or a banging Cam joint. I wanna hear what kinda production Preme will dish up for the Dips. Is he gonna stick to his old formula, is he gonna try and match The Heatmakerz/Kanye/Blaze's style because that's what's hot and that's what we know the Dips sound good over, or is he gonna come up with some next shit we haven't heard from him before?

+ I doubt Nas will wanna work with Preme now, since he's gonna be affiliating heavily with Nas' enemies.

Nas' idol plus Nas' long-term reliable beatmakers working with Nas' enemies = Nas lost.

Aristotle said:
Until they say something on a track im still tired of em, they sound nice, i mean i can listen to em, i buy their albums cus i like em, but i cant stand how they say nothing.
Truthfully i dont really like this with NaS droppin an album this year id rahter see Premo working with him and not Dipset, id rather here almost anyone over Premo than Cam, but oh well. Babygrande and the Diplomats, if they collab on some tracks it wouldnt even be funny how bad dip set would get outshined. Oh well ill still listen to em.
listen to jim jones album .......... he talks on alot of shit dont let the singles fool ya.

ps cam has been working hard ya mustve have heard somebody gonna die 2nite ft freeky zeeky............ thats fuckin crazy.

but that being said if premo sticks to his fave style then it aint gonna sound so good......

aloivas said:
Nah, man. We all know exactly what a Nas/Premier joint is gonna sound like. Wouldn't you like to hear something brand new, fresh and exciting? We know what kinda beat Preme would give Nas, and we've already heard Nas' sleepy voice over 'em before. I wanna hear a hype Juelz track or a banging Cam joint. I wanna hear what kinda production Preme will dish up for the Dips. Is he gonna stick to his old formula, is he gonna try and match The Heatmakerz/Kanye/Blaze's style because that's what's hot and that's what we know the Dips sound good over, or is he gonna come up with some next shit we haven't heard from him before?

+ I doubt Nas will wanna work with Preme now, since he's gonna be affiliating heavily with Nas' enemies.

Nas' idol plus Nas' long-term reliable beatmakers working with Nas' enemies = Nas lost
has nas ever won (shit spider sense is tingling 2pacnbiggie is on his way) :eek:

roaches

lol. Shit's almost on the same level as your dicksucking of MF Doom and Lil' Wayne throughout the past 12 months.
I rode Doom from 1999 to VV2, that's a lot longer than 12 months, get your shit straight. And in my defense re: Lil' Wayne, I was well-ahead of the curve of the newfound love he gets.

Come on. De La Soul makes singles about gold diggers and thick girls and they're grown-man, mature shit; but Juelz can make "My Problem" and he just raps about nothing?

I doubt that. Nas fucks with Kanye West and was/is fucking with the Neptunes.

Rappers are inconsistent anyway. 50 Cent dissed Jadakiss and Fat Joe because they appeared on "New York", but he had no problem rapping over Cool & Dre beats.

ARon

Let me clarify, i do not like there style, that makes more sense, and i got jim jones shit, dont get it wrong, im a fan of em, i like to "listen" to them, but there lil rhyme scheme and shit i aint feelin at all. Dont start to compare them to De La Soul, they actually tried contsructing rhymes and solid flow on songs. When people outside of rap say how can you listen to that they are just talking blah blah, they coin Dipset prefectly, cus thats what they are doin, talking. Please dont bring up one song and be like listen to that is that talking, we all know the dipset style its talking.
NaS is Lost???
You've got to be kidding, maybe your not a fan of NaS?
Him and Preme still have plans to make an album together.
NaS said this next album is going to be his best one, he knows what Illmatic is.
To say NaS is lost is stupid really, if you listened to Street Disciple he is more found then ever, he has everything the way he wants it, it seems like he is in touch with his creativity more than ever.

About Preme working with his enemies... Since when have you seen NaS get mad at shit like that, leave that shit for Pac groupies who get mad at the people who worked on Loyal To The Game because they just signed one of Pac enemies, get out of here with that.
Dont get me wrong, people sleep on Dipset, they have good reason too, it is a sound that you have to like, i happen to like it, but i also happen to like the art of the emcee more.

ARon

Let me clarify, i do not like there style, that makes more sense, and i got jim jones shit, dont get it wrong, im a fan of em, i like to "listen" to them, but there lil rhyme scheme and shit i aint feelin at all. Dont start to compare them to De La Soul, they actually tried contsructing rhymes and solid flow on songs. When people outside of rap say how can you listen to that they are just talking blah blah, they coin Dipset prefectly, cus thats what they are doin, talking. Please dont bring up one song and be like listen to that is that talking, we all know the dipset style its talking.
NaS is Lost???
You've got to be kidding, maybe your not a fan of NaS?
Him and Preme still have plans to make an album together.
NaS said this next album is going to be his best one, he knows what Illmatic is.
To say NaS is lost is stupid really, if you listened to Street Disciple he is more found then ever, he has everything the way he wants it, it seems like he is in touch with his creativity more than ever.

About Preme working with his enemies... Since when have you seen NaS get mad at shit like that, leave that shit for Pac groupies who get mad at the people who worked on Loyal To The Game because they just signed one of Pac enemies, get out of here with that.
Dont get me wrong, people sleep on Dipset, they have good reason too, it is a sound that you have to like, i happen to like it, but i also happen to like the art of the emcee more.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.