Diddy tops hip-hop's richest

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sean "Diddy" Combs edged out Jay-Z to earn the title of the Richest Person in Hip Hop, according to Web site Panache Report.

Following six months of research, the site’s creator, Myra Panache, found that Bad Boy mogul Diddy had the most bank with $346 million, followed by Def Jam president Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter at $340 million and Def Jam co-founder Russell Simmons with $325 million.

Most of Jay-Z’s millions come from his stake in the New Jersey Nets, Armadale Vodka, his 40/40 night-club chain and the $3 million in salary from Def Jam, reports Panache.

Sales of Diddy’s fragrance, Unforgivable, proved to be the deciding factor in his win over Jay-Z. According to Panache, he has received an additional $6 million this year from the men’s cologne. Most of his other earnings come from the sale of his Bad Boy record label to Warner Music Group and his Sean Jean clothing line.

So So Def founder Jermaine Dupri was the lone newcomer to the top 10 this year, tying Nelly for 10th place with $60 million.

• Here is the full Top 10:

1. P. Diddy, $346 Million
    2. Jay-Z, $340 Million
    3. Russell Simmons, $325 Million
    4. Damon Dash, $200 Million
    5. Neptunes, $155 Million
    6 Dr. Dre, $150 Million
    7. Ice Cube, $145 Million
    8. Eminem, $110 Million
    9. 50 Cent, $100 Million
    10. Nelly, $60 Million
    10. (Tie) Jermaine Dupri, $60 Million

SonOf2pac

i'm surprised kanye ain't in that... and this doesnt include tupac's estate... do you think he would be up there?? being the best selling rap artist of all-time and all...

SonOf2pac said:
i'm surprised kanye ain't in that... and this doesnt include tupac's estate... do you think he would be up there?? being the best selling rap artist of all-time and all...
all of em on the list have more than the numbers tell
the numbers dont include property

pacs estate was considered worth 80 million if i remember correctly
and that included everything

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.