Diddy to make Bad Boy as big as ever in '06

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
With the posthumous Notorious B.I.G. collection Duets: The Final Chapter nearing platinum sales, 2006 is starting off on a positive note for Diddy’s Bad Boy record label.

Biggie’s latest effort is the first Bad Boy album to reach the million-plus mark in a while, and the occasion, Diddy tells MTV, will be the first of a number of events planned this year to reenergize the label.

"Right now, our focus is breaking new talent, new artists," he said last week in New York. "The future of the label is, we're gonna take it spin byspin, single by single, album by album andmake sure we rebuild the empire in the right way. We're honest with ourselves that we have not performed at the level that we're supposed to perform at, for champions. We're like the New York Yankees and we should get judged on that. If we don't win the World Series, that's a failure to us. And so that's the way we're doing it — but we're not doing a lot of talking, we're doing a lot of action."

Acts set to be released on Bad Boy this year include B5, 8ball and MJG, the girls from Making the Band 3, new R&B singer Cherri Dennis and 16-year-old female pop-rocker Jordan McCoy. There are also three rappers: Ness from Da Band, Aasim from Queens and Los from Baltimore.

Diddy says he’s in the studio right now working on a new album with Pharrell, Kanye West, Timbaland, Jay-Z and Nas.

“It's coming along real ill. I'm loving it,” he says. “[Producer] Mario Winans, my whole Hit Men crew, we're on it. I'm about to go out to L.A. and rock with Will.I.Am for a minute. I've been really taking my time with this album and trying to do something different than I've done musically before.”

However it isn't all good news for the Bad Boy entrepreneur. A group of super producers that helped forge the sound of Bad Boy Entertainment into a hit factory are planning to a file a lawsuit against Sean "Diddy" Combs, alleging non-payment of publishing royalties.

Various producers, including Easy Moe Bee and Lord Finesse, are planning to file the suit against Combs, with some of the producers claiming they haven't seen royalty statements or received payment in upwards of 10 years.

These producers had helped make Bad Boy the company it is today and gave it the amazing success it received in the 90's. Helping to create such tracks as "Whoa!," "I Love the Dough," "Flava In Ya Ear," "Warning," "Get Down," "I Need a Girl," "Been Around the World," "One More Chance," "Missing You," "Born Again," "Dead Wrong," "Sky's the Limit" and many others.

Diddy released this comment, "Any monies owed to anyone are either paid or are in the process of being paid -- and, furthermore, will always be paid. It doesn't do any good -- and makes no sense at all to not pay people -- what logical sense would it make for a record company of Bad Boy's stature to not pay people?"

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
diddy can rap. a whole lot better than a lotta niggas. he just doesnt write his shit..which makes it seem that..it has no meaning.

who wrote "I'll be Missing You"? i heard black rob did..newayz.
more power to diddy. just let him do his shit and he gets new talent out there.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Fucking crook.and he is releasin more garbage.Has he realised yet that he isnt able to rap.
The man is worth more than you can count to, you walk into a club and play mo money at anytime and you watch people get up on the floor. Even if his rap isn't the greatest, his work and reputation speaks for itself. I'm not his greatest fan myself, but worth $750m or so must mean garbage sells...?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.