Diddy speaks out against judges decision to stop sales of Ready to Die

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sean "Diddy" Combs is speaking out against a judge’s decision to cease all sales of the Notorious B.I.G.’s groundbreaking first album, Ready to Die.

The order came down following a copyright judgment in favor of Bridgeport Music and Westbound Records, who sued Diddy, Bad Boy Entertainment, Justin Combs Publishing, Bad Boy LLC and Universal Records for using a sample from an Ohio Players tune without permission.

A jury awarded Bridgeport Music and Westbound Records over $4 million dollars in punitive damages for using parts of The Ohio Players' song "Singing In The Morning" on Ready to Die’s title track. .

"The verdict was erroneous and against the great weight of the evidence," legal representatives for Bad Boy Entertainment and Combs told AllHipHop.com. "We are very confident that it will be reversed on appeal."

lii said:
what did puffy have to say?
The verdict was erroneous and against the great weight of the evidence," legal representatives for Bad Boy Entertainment and Combs told AllHipHop.com. "We are very confident that it will be reversed on appeal.

okkk said:
i know all the songs so will sum1 plz tell me which song the "copyrighted sample" was taken and used in??
A jury awarded Bridgeport Music and Westbound Records over $4 million dollars in punitive damages for using parts of The Ohio Players' song "Singing In The Morning" on Ready to Die’s title track.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online