Diamond Signs Solo Deal With Warner Bros. Records

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Female rapper Diamond, formerly of the group Crime Mob, signed a multi-layer solo deal with Warner Bros. Records recently, in which they plan to invest in the rapper as an artist and brand, via various endorsements, as well as TV and film opportunities.

"I'm so excited about my new solo deal with Warner -- it's been a long time coming," Diamond said of the venture. "It's important for me to give my fans the Diamond they already know, but to also give them something new from me. I hope to work with a few of my favorite people in the industry, from Timbaland to T-Pain on my new album, so there's definitely going to be a few surprises in store."

"Diamond is an incredible talent," added Kevin Black, Head of Urban Music at Warner Bros. "She has what it takes to succeed not just in the rap game, but all areas of the entertainment business."

The Atlanta native became a member of the group Crime Mob in 2003, and the following year the group signed to Crunk Incorporated. Their self-titled debut album featured the hit single "Knuck If You Buck." The follow-up came in 2006, titled Hated On Mostly, which spawned the smash "Rock Yo Hips."

Last year, Diamond left the group to seek a solo career.

Since then, in Spring 2008, Fila featured Diamond in their new ad campaign -- How Do You FILA -- which was included in several national magazines including XXL, Blender, and Giant.

Her solo debut is expected to drop in 2009.

Source: BallerStatus.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.