Devin the Dude-Waiting to Inhale (My Review)

First off, I'll skip the skits. There were 3 skits in total. All of which I would like for the listeners to be surprised by their first listen. So I'll start with the 2nd track.

2. She Want that Money-Feat. Odd Squad. Great way to open the album. Devin and his people speak on how they are not paying a damn cent for pussy. Devin explains how a nut costs 40 dollars, then he explains how he likes to bust three nuts, which will end up being 120 dollars in total. The beat it self is funky, and incorporates live guitars. 4/5

3. Almighty Dollar- The almighty dollar it aint what it used to be. Self explainatory. Devin tells a story of how he spends his 17 dollars hes got to his name. Song tends to grow on you. 3.5/5

4. Hope I don't get sick of this- One of my favorite lines appears in this song. "Feeding these hoes dick, Fudruckers style." I personally am obsessed with fudruckers and the toastyness of there buns. Its a hamburger spot for all you non-fudruckers people. Beat is dark and eerie. Nice piano loop. Devin describes how he has progressed in life, basically doing the same shit over and over again. Saying he hopes h doesnt get sick of this shit. 4/5

5.What a job Feat. Snoop Dogg and Andre 3000- Amazing, hyptnotizing song. Live guitars, beautiful, relaxing music. Andre steals the show. Andre explains a fan incounter towards the end of his verse that any music fan can relate to. 5/5

6. Broccoli & Cheese- Not a big fan of this song. Hook is just annoying to me and makes no sense. I mean i love when he says off the wall shit, but this is just too much. It might get a few laughs if ur high off ur ass or if it the first time listening to it. But after that its hard to enjoy your listen. "This dick is so clean, that you can serve with some lima beans" 2.5/5

7. Skit

8. She usta be- Funky as hell. Sax so beautiful. She usta beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so fine to mine, now shessssssss fat than a motherfucker. Tells nice stroy of how back in the day he had a little thing for a chick, then he stumbles upon her in a random setting and brings vivid memories back. As always expect devin to do an amazing job explain exactly how she looks. 5/5

9.Lil' Girl gone Feat Lil Wayne and Bun B- Verses are great, simply wonderful. But that beat just doesnt do it for me. It needs more to it. Not much replay value in this song unless you have personal ties to the message of the song. 3/5

10. No Longer Needed Here Feat GT- Anyone that has been fucked over in a relationshit can totally identify with this song. Nice slowed down beat, hi hats abundant. Devin slows the flow down a little bit and really nails it with this one. This is the perspective from the mans point of view. "So ya say u need some time, to find yourself and free mind, i can see clear, im no longer needed here. GT tears that shit up as well. 5/5

11. Just Because- I figure i should leave this on as a surprise. You should just hear it. 5/5.

12. Dont wanna be alone- Song is okay. Only song devin sings the whole time. Song just goes on for too long though. Saying the same shit over and over. Becomes annoying. 3.5/5

13. Somebody else's wife- "Yeah, yeah , yeah ,yeah, i can make it better girl, and i know u really like this pipe, but ur somebody elses wife." Devin handles the hook. Odd squad handles the verses, superb rhyming. Nice beat, good to groove to and watch the smoke swirl above you. 4.5/5

14. Skit

15. Cutcha up- Lol. Devin talks about he a chick isnt old enough to break off yet. Some people might take offence to this song, but then again, that person probably isnt listening to devin right now. Nice beat, relaxing. A few nice lines, overall song is of great quality.

16. Nothin' to roll with. Devin in his Reefer and beer voice. "spittin some off the wall bullshit" 5/5.

17. Its all gone feat odd squad- Simple beat. Really grew on me because the entire odd squad including devin go back and fourth rhyming with one another. Listen all the way through though for the hidden devin skit after this song. 4/5.

Overall, I give the album a 8.5/10. I believe it is light years better than 2 the extreme, but i havent had enough time to decide where it ranks with "The Dude" and "Just tryin ta live". I recommend this album to anyone with an open mind and anyone who enjoys the occational dubie. Or if you had a rough day and need a couple laughs and some mezmorizing beats this will be right up your alley. Very pleased with this album and it has tremendous replay value excluding only a couple of songs.

Peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.