Detox rumour

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I may be a bit late with this one... But it's a good one so I'll post it anyway and risk the ridicule.

Word has it that Dr Dre planned Detox a few years back and had to put it on the back burner due to 50 and G-Unit blowing up and then signing several other artists. But he planned to make Detox a concept album with a storyline.
The story revolved around a hitman and each song was a different chapter of his story. Apparently Denzel Washington was going to narrate it.
Which is possible as Dre and Snoop were in Training day.
I don't know for sure if this was the idea for the album, or if it was, if it still is. But that is one crazy idea and would've made a cool album.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Yeah knew about this.

It's been posted up at www.Troublesome96.com for a couple of days now.

I think this rumour is mega old though. But I'd never heard it before so I posted it.
If it is something along them lines then I have to admit... I have a hard-on for the Detox album.
Is it a record to release 3 classic solo albums?

Nah, it's all good man, I was just shining my ego.

Supposedly that was the idea but since then he scrapped it - The Documentary got quite a few of the beats apparently.

Allegedly, Dre & Denzel spoke about this on the set of Training Day & some rumours say that Denzel was to play a character like Alonzo - if not Alonzo himself - on Detox.

And yeah, 3 (bonafide) classic albums would be a record.

And Dave D, I think that was a seperate project although I suppose he coudl've featured.

ATCQ

Pittsey said:
But he planned to make Detox a concept album with a storyline.The story revolved around a hitman and each song was a different chapter of his story. Apparently Denzel Washington was going to narrate it.
Which is possible as Dre and Snoop were in Training day.
I don't know for sure if this was the idea for the album, or if it was, if it still is. But that is one crazy idea and would've made a cool album.
Why do you think it is called Detox? ;)

_carmi

me, myself & us
that rumor is old. i heard it a while ago.
but its a really good concept.
would be nice if he still uses it.

summer 2006? thats sooo far away. cant wait to hear that album.

i heard about it being a long story a long time ago, heard a rumor before that it was going to be one continuis track to, but i highly doubt that one.

Pittsey said:
I think this rumour is mega old though. But I'd never heard it before so I posted it.
If it is something along them lines then I have to admit... I have a hard-on for the Detox album.
Is it a record to release 3 classic solo albums?
LOL @ 'solo'

i think it would be nice to hear another classic from DRE, concept albums are hard to make work, but there have been a few in the last 5-6 years that were good, masta ace & sticky fingaz come to mind, both had very solid concept albums

heard about it a lot really got some hype from the fans, the story behind it kinda fucked up but creative anyways curious what he can come up with should be good as usual.

Damn that would be real nice to get a concept album. Other classics that grasped some sort of concept were DK7 and It's Dark and Hell Is Hot, I don't know why but these 2 albums sounds as if continuity is part of those albums, it's as if stories have been told and chapters have ended when you finish listening to those 2. Anways all I can tell you is that if this would happen with Dre's album it would be something revolutionary and could be the greatest rap album of all time.

Peace

that will be a classic album, cause its something different. Nowadays, every thing sound the same... so if dre comes up with a this album, It will be a classic for sure

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.