Def Jam furious at Jay-Z's single leak

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Jay-Z’s new single "Show Me What You Got" was all over urban radio last weekend, but it wasn’t supposed to be.

Def Jam is said to be furious at the party responsible for leaking the track from its President/CEO and may go after the individual in court. Sources tell the Web site that the label has launched an internal investigation to keep other tracks from Jay-Z’s Nov. 21st release Kingdom Come from possibly being leaked.

"The FBI may do an investigation into this. Everything has been under lock and key, so we have no idea how the single was leaked." Said a Def Jam employee.

Over the weekend, radio stations around the country got hold of the track and promptly shoved it into regular rotation. The song was produced by Just Blaze and samples Public Enemy’s 1988 track "It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back."

Jay-Z was informed of the leak during a performance at the Accra International Conference Center in Ghana, Africa.

the def jam investigation is bs, they just doing it for hype. they know who leaked it. i know who leaked it. there were emails a week ahead of time saying when it will be leaked. heck the album release date is nov 21st, same day as the new 2pac album. jay-z know what he's doing... he's just trying to prove something and go against pac's sales.

better then Change Clothes and O2 Bonnie and Clyde...and that conspiracy theory bout outdoing Pac is str8 hata bs. Jay new single>Pacs remixed bullshit

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
GhettoStar said:
better then Change Clothes and O2 Bonnie and Clyde...and that conspiracy theory bout outdoing Pac is str8 hata bs. Jay new single>Pacs remixed bullshit

You know you gotta fear 2pac's fanbase.

I dont think there is a conspiracy to out do pac. Ya'll are trippin. I kind of like the single. The beat is off the hinges, and Jay Z came correct. I love Tupac and his music ya'll, but most of ya'll dont like Jay Z cause Pac didn't like Jay Z...that's no reason not to like his music...I think the dude makes good commercial music. DO I agree with the message he puts out..NO...but i'll still bob my head to it. :)

But my point is..ain't no conspiracy theory

SonOf2pac

most people on this board (OGz:rolleyes:) don't like today's music at all... they gonna be hating for the rest of their lives... ya there's a lotta bullshit out there but then theres a lot of great lyricists like lupe, kweli, the roots, etc...

ps. jay-z will outsell pac but that's because he will get the proper promotion... amaru? :mad:

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
GhettoStar said:
better then Change Clothes and O2 Bonnie and Clyde..
I agree...

I mean, he came out with Change Clothes as the single and still had a dope album. At least this one is not that pop-sounding.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
LOL @ the FBI might investigate this, because of course they have nuthing better to do.

Who heard the morning show yesterday on Hot97? funny shit.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.