Death Row to release Crooked I's first album "Hood Star", 15th June.

THEV1LL4N

check this out. good news for crooked fans.

(Toronto, Canada - May 25, 2010) - On June 15th, 2010 WIDEawake Entertainment Group Inc/Death Row Records will be releasing the long-awaited debut solo record from west coast's very own Crooked I, titled Hood Star. With the release of this long-overdue project, fans of the Death Row dynasty will finally be able to hear the historical unreleased music Crooked I recorded while on the powerhouse label. Through 15 unreleased tracks, featuring production from Big Hutch aka Cold 187um from the legendary rap group Above The Law and Darren Vegas, long-time fans of the emcee will now have a proper release to finally call their own.

As a former inmate on Death Row Records, Crooked I has had a budding career and has appeared on soundtracks such as Too Gangsta For Radio and Dysfunktional Family, Tha Dogg Pound's 2002, Ja Rule's The Last Temptation and 2Pac's Nu-Mixx Klazzics.

Powered recently by his critically praised Hip-Hop Weekly series, Crooked I has become something of an internet sensation, garnering a significant following for the Long Beach native. As the front man for the newly aligned hip-hop super-group, Slaughterhouse - who recently signed with Eminem's Shady Records - the desire for a solo Crooked I record has never been more evident.

As WIDEawake Entertainment Group Inc President John Payne stated: "The WIDEawake Entertainment Group is pleased to be able to share more gems from the Death Row vault. Once again we are able to find some great music. The good thing about the Hood Star album is its ability to stand the test of time, even after years hidden away. We are happy that the fans will get to have a chance to enjoy this Crooked I material. There is a chance it could have sat in the archive and never been released. This is another good example of the Death Row legacy. As always, we will continue to maintain the legacy with unaltered hits from the Death Row vaults."

This highly-anticipated album features guest appearances by Kurupt, Too Short, Ray J, Juvenile, Eastwood, Danny Boy, Sisqo, Spider, K-Ci and more. Hood Star's eye-catching artwork has also garnered attention on its own for adding a fresh new twist to the monumental release, noted as being the most socially conscious packaging yet from the Death Row Records catalog.

Hood Star will be available everywhere on June 15th.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.