Death Row signs previous Nas associate, Lake

Lake, a previous associate of Nas, has signed to Death Row East, a subsidiary of Suge Knight’s Death Row Records.

Speaking on DJ Kay Slay’s radio show on Hot 97 Lake said “I’m the flagship artist [of Death Row East]. We doing this for the streets. Death Row is back. The streets is ready, the penitentiary is ready. The foundation of what we doing [starts with] the music.”

The Queens native has been affiliated with New York legends such as Cormega and Mobb Deep, but nothing came of these connections. “The dudes that I was with weren’t supporting me so my career was at a stalemate. A lot of dudes didn’t want to support me coming up,” he reminisced. Although he did not list any names concerning the lack of support, Lake has previously gone at Nas on wax.

Lake has served time with Big Delson, Vice President for Death Row East. Suge Knight welcomed his latest addition, “Its time for me to deal with people that don’t tell on me and I don’t tell on them. Everybody knows Lake is hot. It speaks for itself. It’s really important for me to sign somebody that can go back to their own neighborhood.”

Knight also mentioned he is looking to sign incarcerated rapper Shyne.

lol ^ Its like big name label but no work done.

I didn't know death row was divided into east and im assuming theres death row west too.

Shyne? sounds good but again its death row you not promised anything.

SiGh said:
WTF is suge doing nowadayz? does he even got cash? is deathrow records still up? whens he gonna have some actual stars on his label.
Ummm .... wer 2 start.. he owns all the publishing to dozens of CLASSIC albums such as chronic , all eyez on me , doggfather ect.Plus all the new pac releases and DR albums (2 gangsta 4 radio , DR greatest hits). hes pulllin annually 10s of millions a year just from that. PPl still buy All eyez on me and greatest hits.

Why you dissing Suge?

Suge, J. Prince & Irv Gotti got that Blood Money Rap on wax.

All their work is made from easy earned street cash.

You see any other guys making a double life off hustleing & Releaseing records.

As for Suge he's made some mistakes like not paying Harry-O but Irv hooked Suge up with Preme & Preme has been giving Suge a salery & now with all their work they're plainng a take over bigger then anything you guys can understand.

I'm talking East-West-South connected so every small time hustler/lyrisist or rap buisness man can eat & you gotta respect that.

Ever since Harry-O went to jail the Bay & L.A. was starving & then pioneers like Irv Gotti, J.Prince, Suge Khight, Chazz Williams, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, JT The Bigga Figga, Yukmouth, C-Bo, Lance "Un" Rivera, Mario B & his Colomiban connections & even New York former Mayor Guliani has been helping hustler kingpins like Preme wash money in NY & wire it to Cali. With the help of Get Low Records & Many other independent millionaires & All the hustlers world wide involved in Preme's biz (Guliani, Irv Gotti, Chazz Williams, Lance "Un" Rivera ect.) & all the independent releaseings that are making a killing independently & The Bay & L.A. can eat with no help from Dr. Dre, Timboland, Neptunes, P. Diddy or Las Vegas or any other cash crops.

It's the people involved with Get Low, Murder INC, Death Row, Rap-A-Lot, Black Hand Entertainement & many othera that help Cali survive so you can't diss-credit Suge.

Even though Suge didn't play by the rules in the 90's he's learned his lession & got involved in Preme, J. Prince & Irv Gotti's money moveing business that lets all of you guys in Cali Eat so stop hateing.

Most of you don't really know who's making the Ghetto's prosper.

It's got allot to do with the good people at Queen's very own Murder INC & Black Hand Entertainment & the good people at Rap-A-Lot & Get Low that helps Suge & others fund their projects that give's all of Cali's Props.

Without them the cash flow would be basiclly dead. Everyone would be starving if Cali's money trail was run by people like Dr. Dre.

So get it right & don't knock the hustle.

Give Suge some time. Keep in mind he's extremly black balled by Universal & Interscope.

Point blank. They black ball tones of people like Murder INC, TVT, Black Hand, Hustle Hard, Best Of Block, In Da Streets, Rebelious Music, BLunt Recordings, 25 To Life, Baby Ree & tones of other Hustler/Record studios who can only end up putting out Mixtapes cause Universal & Interscope get in the way. They black ball tones of people at Def Jams like Nore, Peedie Crakk, Grafh, Joe Buddens & tones others.

They black ball Lox so badly that they had to sever ties & they'll prolly black ball anyone Nas signs liken Quan, Blitz, Jungle & all the othes.

I understand the industry & the street biz because I own a label that Universal Black Balls

So me & all the others even D-Block now gotta hustle to survive cause Unversal won't let us clean our dirty cash.

They wanna keep us down & keep us illegal. We'll never be able to pass as Legit music businesses because we gotta hustle on the side & take salerys from Preme in order to pay our bills.

So don't tell me I don't understand I do Understand. Jimmy & Universal are Black Balling Bitches.

That's why We gotta Unite now. We weren't but we were working for it before 50 Cent came out but after 50 Cent people started being greedy & now today in 2006 all the ghetto's are uniteing as one so we can all eat together.

Wait & you'll see

PuffnScruff

Black Jus said:
So me & all the others even D-Block now gotta hustle to survive cause Unversal won't let us clean our dirty cash.
what the hell does that mean? are you talking about money laundering because that is the way it comes across.

Black Jus said:
Why you dissing Suge?

Suge, J. Prince & Irv Gotti got that Blood Money Rap on wax.

All their work is made from easy earned street cash.

You see any other guys making a double life off hustleing & Releaseing records.

As for Suge he's made some mistakes like not paying Harry-O but Irv hooked Suge up with Preme & Preme has been giving Suge a salery & now with all their work they're plainng a take over bigger then anything you guys can understand.

I'm talking East-West-South connected so every small time hustler/lyrisist or rap buisness man can eat & you gotta respect that.

Ever since Harry-O went to jail the Bay & L.A. was starving & then pioneers like Irv Gotti, J.Prince, Suge Khight, Chazz Williams, Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff, JT The Bigga Figga, Yukmouth, C-Bo, Lance "Un" Rivera, Mario B & his Colomiban connections & even New York former Mayor Guliani has been helping hustler kingpins like Preme wash money in NY & wire it to Cali. With the help of Get Low Records & Many other independent millionaires & All the hustlers world wide involved in Preme's biz (Guliani, Irv Gotti, Chazz Williams, Lance "Un" Rivera ect.) & all the independent releaseings that are making a killing independently & The Bay & L.A. can eat with no help from Dr. Dre, Timboland, Neptunes, P. Diddy or Las Vegas or any other cash crops.

It's the people involved with Get Low, Murder INC, Death Row, Rap-A-Lot, Black Hand Entertainement & many othera that help Cali survive so you can't diss-credit Suge.

Even though Suge didn't play by the rules in the 90's he's learned his lession & got involved in Preme, J. Prince & Irv Gotti's money moveing business that lets all of you guys in Cali Eat so stop hateing.

Most of you don't really know who's making the Ghetto's prosper.

It's got allot to do with the good people at Queen's very own Murder INC & Black Hand Entertainment & the good people at Rap-A-Lot & Get Low that helps Suge & others fund their projects that give's all of Cali's Props.

Without them the cash flow would be basiclly dead. Everyone would be starving if Cali's money trail was run by people like Dr. Dre.

So get it right & don't knock the hustle.

Isn't Irv Locked Up Now? By The Time He Gets Out, Suge'll Go In For Some Other Dumb Shit he's Done

Irv is a free man cause besides paying off a former mayor

Only 1/3 of the cops want Gotti. The rest only care about staying alive so they give us room to breath while they take down everyone ellse

Guiliani has taken down all mobs exept Preme's. He wipped out all compition so we could rule New York

Also everyone launders money. P. Diddy when he signed Biggie. He had no money but Biggie's other CEO homie Lance "Un" Rivera funded Junior Mafia, Tracey Lee & all of Biggie's other projects.

Preme funded Jay-Z's 1st, 3rd & 4th & Memphis Bleeks 1st, 3rd & 4th album plus Preme funded Shyne, Sauce Money & he's funding Peedie Crakk.

How you think Black Balled small time hustleing labels survive?

If it was such a crime then Irv would be locked up.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Black Jus said:
Irv is a free man cause besides paying off a former mayor

Only 1/3 of the cops want Gotti. The rest only care about staying alive so they give us room to breath while they take down everyone ellse

Guiliani has taken down all mobs exept Preme's. He wipped out all compition so we could rule New York

Also everyone launders money. P. Diddy when he signed Biggie. He had no money but Biggie's other CEO homie Lance "Un" Rivera funded Junior Mafia, Tracey Lee & all of Biggie's other projects.

Preme funded Jay-Z's 1st, 3rd & 4th & Memphis Bleeks 1st, 3rd & 4th album plus Preme funded Shyne, Sauce Money & he's funding Peedie Crakk.

How you think Black Balled small time hustleing labels survive?

If it was such a crime then Irv would be locked up.

Your posts are seriously boring.

Wankstas talk, Gangstas walk.

And you do know 'Preme is now spent. His power is zero.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.