Death Row out of Suge's hands

Marion ‘Suge’ Knight, the founder of one of the most powerful and influential record labels in rap’s history – Death Row – has officially lost control of the company he set up in 1991.

The label, which once was home to legendary rap artists such as Snoop Dogg, Tupac Shakur and Dr. Dre is in $100million debt and was handed over to a Los Angeles bankruptcy trustee after a decision by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Ellen Carol on Friday.

Mrs. Carol said Death Row was in financial disarray due to the absence of accounting protocol, which was the result of poor management. “It seems apparent there is no-one at the helm,” she said.”

Knight was not present to hear the decision, although he did attempt to stall proceedings by securing distribution deals for the music owned by the label in an effort to raise funds.

Knight testified that he had not looked at the accounts of Death Row in over ten years, that he had $11 in his bank account and roughly $28,000 worth of assets.

External estimates put the value of Death Row anywhere between $1million and $10million.

Laurence Strick, Knight’s lawyer, said that his client was “optimistic” and “focused.”

The forty-one year old filed for bankruptcy in April after a ruling ordered him to pay $100million to a past business associate instrumental in establishing the label.

i geuss what goes around comes around in the end...suge had biggie executed and supposidly had pac murdered cause he owe him some million odd dollars,took all of dr.dres snoop doggs prime music to never be released.Ruined 2pacs unreleased material on official releases, with the fact he tryed to say 2pacs mother had no business in it even tho it was her dead childs music...He was the biggest mistake to Hiphop. He Ruined HIPHOP(still my opinion)Its why i cant respect the shit he did no matter how big and tuff he is, He still is no match for God. God Knows Why, the streets know why, you know what i mean...i dont wish death on no body but being broke and over 30 years old with a a lot of kids mouths to feed....Now the enimies he had made he cant ask them for help when they did once help him out. So while hes down KICK HIM, And KICK HIM FUCKIN HARD.

PELLA said:
this is Suge Knight, im sure he's got a lot of tricks up his sleeve and the only copies of Pac's shit in Africa somewhere :rolleyes:
or in a condom swallowed with jellow but one things for sure this nigga has a pac track or two layin around that nobody else knows bout speculation based on what any drop out motha fucka would do if shit goes down cause he'll have somethin to hook collector's up with

houseofpain said:
he tryed to say 2pacs mother had no business in it even tho it was her dead childs music...
I'm not saying I disagree with what you said about Suge, but, in fairness, what does Afeni know about hiphop either? Imo she's done her fair share of ruining Pacs music as well. If she had really cared about Pacs music she would have sat back and let a proffesional sort his music out

houseofpain said:
...took all of dr.dres snoop doggs prime music to never be released
true. that angers me to this day. i wouldnt be surprised if Snoop would have release a lot of his old DR material on Doggystyle. but Suge just lets it rot after one release, DMW.

Couldn't have happened to a bigger jackass. How many careers has he sabotaged in his lifetime?

Since the licenses for the Death Row albums/tracks are being reclaimed by whoever the assets default to, pretty much every Death Row release is showing up on iTunes now, plus a lot of the music videos, including a crystal clear version of "New York, New York", which I have on my iPod right now. Nothing better than watching Snoopy kick the towers down while I sit and eat a ham sandwich.

No offense, and all respect for the victims of 9/11.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.