Death Row Assets Go For Pennies

_carmi

me, myself & us
Perez Hilton: Death Row Assets Go For Pennies

On Thursday, the assets of Death Row records sold for a not-so-impressive $18 million.

The assets apparently included masters of recordings by Tupac Shakur, Snoop Dogg and other rap pioneers.

In a way, former Death Row big-wig Suge Knight must love this bargain basement sale.

He lost the rights to all of Death Row's stuff to bankruptcy back in 2006 after one of his former partners, a lady named Lydia Harris, successfully sued and won a $107 million case against him.

Once all the lawyers, the IRS and other bankruptcy administrators are paid, the money left over won’t be enough to divide among any of Death Row’s unsecured creditors.

Harris told Blender magazine, "I'm extremely frustrated with the judicial system that has allowed all of the lawyers to be paid and none of the people who were instrumental in creating Death Row Records to receive a dime."

The $18 million dollar auction winner is a Canadian-based company called Wide Awake Holdings.

Is Suge in with the 'winners'?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.