Dead Presidents Question

what?...the O.G only had Nas on the hook...it was just a sample...i.e "you made it a hot line, i made it a hot song" -jigga

peace.

FroDawgg

i don't know why it's edited...is the remix (or its a capella) that it was sampled from edited? that might be the case. either way, i unedited it and it sounds fresh that way.

kman_69 said:
what?...the O.G only had Nas on the hook...it was just a sample...i.e "you made it a hot line, i made it a hot song" -jigga

peace.
I kno Nas was just on the hook and he's edited on the hook they edit him saying "fuckin" on the hook

FroDawgg said:
i don't know why it's edited...is the remix (or its a capella) that it was sampled from edited? that might be the case. either way, i unedited it and it sounds fresh that way.
Can u post it

FroDawgg

^^^if i can find it...if i recall, i was actually trying to mix DP 1 & 2, but that wasn't coming out so good, so i might have dumped it. i'll look though

roaches

It was probably easier to loop up the censored version than to loop the unedited version for the explicit version of "Dead Presidents" and loop the edited version for the clean version of "Dead Presidents".

Sampling two different versions might have also meant more money to pay when clearing it.

I think the edited version sounds fresher on the sample don't know why though, My guess is the original was to long so they put that which sounds more like a Dj scratch to me but w/e

i think they should have just cut the "fuckin" scratch, and made it just say "im out for dead presidents to represent me"

if anyone has an unedited version that would be hot, whether its fan made (most likely) or not

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.