Daz Dillinger Is So So Gangsta!

The West Coast asked for it, and as time grows closer we finally get to see super producer, Daz Dillinger back in the spotlight; this time for his new eagerly awaited solo album, “So So Gangsta”. The album, which boasts an array of features from such people as Jermaine Dupri is set to drop on July 18th 2006 on So So Def / Virgin Records.

So So Gangsta brings a whole new sound to the already established Daz Dillinger discography, with hit singles such as “All I Need” and
“It’s My Thang”, featuring long-time friend and fellow Dogg Pound Gangsta, Kurupt. The video for “It’s My Thang” is due to be shot in April.

As explained by Daz himself, the album is not only going to be for the gangsters out there, it is also for people who want to hear the truth about the streets, not the watered down version that is heard in a lot of hip-hop today.

Daz Dillinger still manages to bring the heat a decade after his debut appearance, with the on-going hype over the new project, Daz hasn’t just limited himself to West Coast radio stations, in fact the East Coast is also giving “All I Need” tremendous airplay.

So let me refresh you just one more time on the release date, July 18th 2006. Make sure you go and cop “So So Gangsta” and support the West Coast, this is going to be certified heat!

source: dubcnn.com

cant wait.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
After DPGC U Know What Im Throwin Up...dont think Ill be copping another Daz album...ESPECIALLY one through So-So Def/JD.

^ tru dat.

im gonna buy it regardless just to support Daz and DPG. Its gonna be good tho. Daz's no effort beats sound sick and lord knows he's gonna put energy into this album...we'll see! we'll see! I got my expectations.

ARon

I like that All I Need track. I don't think it will be that bad, I dont think it will be that great either. Probably gonna be somewhat radio friendly but we will see.

I didn't like "All I Need", but I've heard "Hood" I think it's called, w/ Nate on the hook, and "Party People" w/ JD, and both are pretty great. Daz cannot make a completely solid album on his own, so maybe JD can help him try to get rid of the filler after Daz does his thing.

That new song w/ Kurupt (is it called "It's My Thang"?) is pretty decent, too, this may be the first JD-associated record I've looked forward to since Anthony Hamilton's first record.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.