David Banner Keeps Fans Waiting

Maverick

The release date for David Banner's fourth solo album, The Greatest Story Ever Told, has been pushed back.

The album was originally due in stores this week but will now hit shelves on November 20. The Greatest Story Ever Told boasts guest spots from Chris Brown, Jim Jones, UGK and Yung Joc, among others. Banner's lead single, "Speaker" featuring Lil' Wayne and Snoop Dogg, is currently getting spins on radio and music video outlets.

"2006 was a difficult year for me, so for 2007 I wanted to come out celebrating," Banner said via a statement. "To me, 'Speaker' is a celebration of hip-hop and what it can represent. Rap gets blamed for all the ills in the world today; I just wanted folks to know there is a lot of love in the music too."

The similarity of Banner's album title to Saigon's upcoming debut, The Greatest Story Never Told, raised eyebrows earlier this year. When queried about it by SOHH, Banner said he was sticking to his title despite the similarities.

"My album has already been pressed. Ain't no going back," Banner told SOHH. "It'd be different if we had the same name--David Banner. But I don't think nobody gon' make a mistake and pick up a David Banner album while going to get a Saigon album or vice versa."

SOURCE: SOHH.COM

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.