Darryl "DMC" McDaniels finds biological mother

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Run-DMC rap icon Darryl "DMC" McDaniels found his biological mother in New York after a five year search and now he wants to find his dad.

McDaniels, 35, documented the search for his birth mother in DMC: My Adoption Journey, which aired Saturday night on VH1.

The documentary told how he learned as an adult he was adopted, and followed him on his search for his birth mother. It ended with an emotional reunion with Bernada Lovelace on Staten Island.

Lovelace was unmarried and 16 with a 1-year-old son when McDaniels was born. Her middle-class family made her give the future rap star up for adoption, she said.

"I was from a middle-class family and they said no way," Lovelace told Sunday's New York Post.

McDaniels told the newspaper he knows the name of his father, but chooses not to reveal it publicly.

I saw the show about this on VH1 last Saturday. They started out with him finding out about her, then her info, then locating her, etc.

He was real and nervous and anxious the entire time. looked like he was tweakin out, but he seems like a real good guy.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.