Danger Mouse returns to his roots

There is no denying that acclaimed producer Danger Mouse is currently at the peak of the music industry with his Gnarls Barkley project.

But although it has been soul searching vocals of Cee-Lo that have bought Danger Mouse mainstream success, it was hip-hop that initially put him on the radar after hatching an incarnation of Jay Z’s Black Album with The Beatles’ White Album – not to mention the collaborations with Jemini, Murs and MF Doom.

Well Danger Mouse is set to return to his hip-hop roots, almost literally, after announcing a collaboration with Black Thought - rapper from the legendary The Roots crew.

How the album will sound though, not even Black Thought is sure of: "You can never call it with Danger Mouse," he said. "I would call it a meeting of the minds. It would not be like me, Black Thought from the Roots, and Danger Mouse the producer — it's us taking on two personas. I guess you get the gist of what he's doing with the Gnarls Barkley and with the Doom record. It's nothing like those two records, but in the same realm."

“We don't have a working [album] title, we don't even have titles for the songs. It's very much a work in progress, but I'm feeling what it is," he added.

The Danger Mouse-produced track ‘Crazy’ was recently announced as the first ever song to go to number one by digital download alone.

YES. I have everything by Danger Mouse. I have his Pelican City CDs from his early era, Grey Album, Gorillaz, Gnarls, DangerDoom, DM & Jemini, etc. He is fucking incredible. Alot of people say he's overrated, but you know... he always brings out incredible, strange beats. Can't wait for his new projects. He keeps getting better.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.