Danger Mouse receives Grammy nomination

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Waxploitation, Inc. announced today that Danger Mouse has been honored with a Grammy Nomination for Producer of the Year. Danger Mouse produced Gorillaz Demon Days album, which also received nominations for Record of the year, Best Pop Collaboration with vocals, Best Urban Alternative Performance,and Best Short Form Video.

Danger Mouse, one of the most promising artist/producers in music today, continues to defy labeling. Honored as one of GQ Magazine's 'Men of the Year'; named 'Eccentric Genius of the Year' by SPIN ; hailed as "The Hottest Hip-Hop Producer in the World" by NME, honored with Entertainment Weekly's 'Album of the Year', and added to Q Magazine's "Industry's 100 Most Influential People" list as well as winning Q's 'Producer of the Year' award.

In addition to producing Gorillaz Demon Days CD, Danger Mouse recently produced DANGERDOOM, Danger Mouse’s collaborative debut album with MF DOOM, one of hip hop’s most acclaimed and original MCs. The album, titled The Mouse and The Mask, features Ghostface Killah, Talib Kweli and Cee-Lo. Next year will see the release of his highly anticipated debut Gnarls Barkley album with Cee-Lo. Danger Mouse is also producing new albums for Damon Albarn and Martina Topley-Bird amongst others.

Danger Mouse gained unprecedented notoriety after producing his now infamous Grey Album, a unique work touted as an album that forever raised the bar on hip hop experimentalism, dubbed the "ultimate remix album" by Rolling Stone.

Casey

Staff member
The funniest thing about this is that Danger Mouse produces using "Acid Pro 4" and doesn't even use monitors, just regular computer speakers, lol.

Big Flipp

yes but danger mouse is much more creative and original than dre is. mouse experiments with his shit and does some really cool and unusual projects.

Danger Mouse is cool. Thanks Pittsey for the great news.

I'd also like to say thanks to all the Admins. Especially Rukas and Amara. I apologise for my racist comments. Australia, like England is a cool place to live.

P.S - I'm glad Sasan is banned.

Note - This post has not been edited by Pittsey in any way. Honestly.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.