D'Angelo back in studio and working with Q-Tip and Common

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
D'Angelo is reportedly all done with rehab and back in the studio recording tracks for a new album.

According to reports, the Virginia native had been addressing his substance abuse problem at Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Centre in Antigua.

The 32-year-old, born Michael Eugene Archer, is now back in the States trying to get his career back on track.

D'Angelo was in New York recently meeting with Virgin Records urban music president Jermaine Durpi, veteran music executive Gary Harris, who worked with D’Angelo on his 1994 breakthrough hit "Brown Sugar," and famous music industry manager Irving Azoff (Seal, Lenny Kravitz, Christina Aguilera).

In January 2005, D’Angelo was arrested near his Richmond, VA hometown and charged with drunk driving and drug possession. Police searched his vehicle and found substances they believed to be cocaine and marijuana. He was given a three-year suspended sentence after pleading no contest.

In November 2002, a woman alleged the singer cut her off in a lane leading to a shopping mall and then repeatedly and recklessly switched lanes. When the cops arrived at his house to serve him with misdemeanor charges of aggressive driving, the singer refuted the allegations and was further charged with resisting arrest.

Questlove comments on this report :

''i love it when i hear d news but still talk to this dude once a week and laugh at it''

I won't believe it till i see it or hear D'angelo say it, I hope the report is true but something tells me no.

Pittsey said:
In January 2005, D’Angelo was arrested near his Richmond, VA hometown and charged with drunk driving and drug possession. Police searched his vehicle and found substances they believed to be cocaine and marijuana. He was given a three-year suspended sentence after pleading no contest.

In November 2002, a woman alleged the singer cut her off in a lane leading to a shopping mall and then repeatedly and recklessly switched lanes. When the cops arrived at his house to serve him with misdemeanor charges of aggressive driving, the singer refuted the allegations and was further charged with resisting arrest.
Believed to be... haha. and he alledgedly drives bad so lets go to his house and arrest him? wtf?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.