Damon Dash leaves hip-hop

The debate over whether the hip-hop industry is a billion dollar industry open to anyone with talent, or whether it is only profitable to select corporate hustlers is one that Damon Dash has decided walk away from in announcing his decision to leave hip-hop for good.

Dash, co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records (with Jay-Z) said he is sick of the ‘pennies’ available to him in hip-hop, and that he will now focus on fashion and other areas of entertainment instead of the musical art form.

Dame’s decision comes from a self-confessed desire for wealth and material objects. “I couldn't buy what I wanted to buy. I'm talking cooks and drivers. I got into clothes to make money. The music business isn't so profitable, especially not hip-hop."

Perhaps Dash’s dislike for hip-hop has been present since 2003 when he opted to produce an album for former Spice Girl, Victoria Beckham. Or perhaps this cemented his resentment for the industry, as this hip-hop inspired album never saw a release.

Dash has certainly re-focused his priorities: “Not many people understand how important having a butler is. I need somebody to help me get everything I'm going to wear for the day all set up, know what I'm saying?”

Within the last two years Dash sold his stakes in Roc-A-Fella and Rocawear. He is now focusing on clothing, watches and alcohol.

“It's all about finding ways to make money off an upscale urban product. That's what I do. Period.”

PuffnScruff

LMAO no i dont know what he is saying. i can pick out my own cloths and have done so since i was like 5 years old

what he really means by focusing on fashion to make money is he will sell more over priced clothes made by people making low wages in south america and india.

It was a mistake to associate himself with that talentless bitch Spice Girl in the first place.

"Not many people understand how important having a butler is. I need somebody to help me get everything I'm going to wear for the day all set up, know what I'm saying?”

No, I don't know what you're saying. Prick.

Dogmatic187 said:
Well, I'm not going to miss him. He always came off as a dick to me, and now he's a greedy dick.

"Oh no, now I can't have a personal cook!" stfu.

Agreed. He's a fucking pussy bitch. He's probably just pissed cause Stacey got naked, and he got mad cause he wishes it was just someone else and not his cousin.

I empathize. I too, know the horror's of not having a butler or a personal chef...but seriously, I'm sure he was probably joking and that was taken out of context a little. He definitely won't be able to afford a butler with the things he's been doing in music latley, so he should probably try something else.

ArtsyGirl

goymz said:
Dame’s decision comes from a self-confessed desire for wealth and material objects. “I couldn't buy what I wanted to buy. I'm talking cooks and drivers. I got into clothes to make money. The music business isn't so profitable, especially not hip-hop."

Dash has certainly re-focused his priorities: “Not many people understand how important having a butler is. I need somebody to help me get everything I'm going to wear for the day all set up, know what I'm saying?”
Looks like money would be better spent on a personal trainer. This guy is the face of whats wrong with Hip Hop.

troublesome2004 said:
'Is he Dame Diddy, Dame Daddy or Dame Dummy?' :laugh:
Definately Dame Dummy.

I think that hip hop is better without his fat ass. If you need someone to pick out your clothes, help you dress and you are a thirty something year old man. YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD!!!
He is just mad because Jay-Z beat him at the game. The best man won. So get the fuck out. Bitch.:eek:

AmerikazMost

goymz said:
His mommy won't do it for him? lmao what a bum

good riddens

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.