Damon Dash finally speaks on the Jigga man

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Things got really ugly during the last days of Roc-A-Fella records when partners Damon Dash and Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter were still calling the shots.

For the first time in public, Dash puts all the mess on the table via an interview in the upcoming issue of King magazine.

"My best friend did some shit to me that I never thought in a million years he would do," Dash says of Jay-Z. "It was straight war in there. Either you on Jay's side or Dame's side."

Dash and Jay-Z ran Roc-A-Fella before it was acquired by Def Jam in 2004. Suggesting that Jay eventually attempted to push him aside, Dash explains: "The perception is that Def Jam bought Roc-A-Fella. Jay's the president of Def Jam. I'm Bin Laden. You could either be with Bin Laden or be with [Jay-Z]. … You know what I'm saying?"

"Remember they put in the paper that I lost my deal? That wasn't true,” he continues. “They tried to freeze my projects. We'd go to [the office] and they'd have my picture, saying not to let us in the building. … I was painted as a violent guy."

When it’s all said and done, Dash admits that the pair’s history-making run can not be ignored.

"I don't respect what he did, but I'm not gonna let that wash away all the other stuff we did do.For the most part, he's a good nigga."

Damon Dash finally speaks on the Jigga man.

Deuce 7 Tha Psycho said:
what heppend between jay and dash?

i think jay didn't want dame taking ALL THE CREDIT of rocafella being A DYNASTY............even though it was LIKE THAT for how many years........jay z the rapper on rocafella owned by dame dash, jay z was a partner but HE WAS A RAPPER FIRST...........

I knew it!!They were beefin!!!Yup i think also anotha reason too that Dame signed Cam to the Roc n Jigga dont like this nigga!!Thats y Jigga sold Roc to DJ,I knew it.I knew it on that song Welcome to NYC (when peep[s be gettin on a track together one doenst try to out shine the other!!N in Cam new video,Yall may say that JJ as Jigga was cruel, no it wasnt it was Dame bein in that video!!Ultimate Hustler I dont remember seeing Jigga!!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.