Dame Dash responds to Jay-Z's Lost One's

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Jay-Z has spurred a lot of talk with his new single "Lost Ones." While the second verse was rumored to describe possible discord with his girlfriend Beyonce, the first verse seems to be an ode to his split with Roc-A-Fella partner Damon Dash.

The verse begins: "I heard muthafuckers saying they made Hov/ Made Hov say, 'OK, so make another Hov'/ Niggas wasn't playing they day role/ So we parted ways like Ben and J. Lo."

MTV caught up with Dash at the offices of Damon Dash Enterprises, and asked the mogul what he thought about the lyrics.

"Me and Jay did too much together for me to have beef with him," Dash said. "If he was talking about me, I would be disappointed. I wish he would take me aside and tell me. That's what grown men do. We done so much, for me to have beef with him would be crazy. It would make everything I did look corny. ... Guys like us don't talk about other guys on a track. We pull each other to the side and speak.”

"I was just a little disappointed," Dame continued. "I don't feel nothing against him. I think it was a bad decision on his part. I would never air my laundry like that. It damages the history that we made. I got nothing bad to say about that man, just that scenario. Could you imagine 10 years ago that Jay would be making a record about Dame Dash? I used to eat at his house for Thanksgiving. I know his mother, his whole family. I got no beef. We made way too much money together. I almost felt sorry for him. It's like he made an excuse for what he did. We used to have a lot of fun. The absence of Dame Dash is critical."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.