D4L > 2Pac

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmerikazMost

Dumb gimic. I think a mod should edit your post to take out everything before "Rakim > 2Pac" and change the title.

Rakim is better than 2Pac in many ways - flow, wordplay, structure - but overall, 2Pac > Rakim. Pac had the ability to reach his listeners like no other rapper could. He had more presence on the microphone and more meaning in his lyrics.

They're 1 and 2 in my book. Two completely different types of rappers though.

AmerikazMost said:
Dumb gimic. I think a mod should edit your post to take out everything before "Rakim > 2Pac" and change the title.

Rakim is better than 2Pac in many ways - flow, wordplay, structure - but overall, 2Pac > Rakim. Pac had the ability to reach his listeners like no other rapper could. He had more presence on the microphone and more meaning in his lyrics.

They're 1 and 2 in my book. Two completely different types of rappers though.
Thats all that matters...Pac was the better Poet but thats it...

WC Souldja said:
Thats all that matters...Pac was the better Poet but thats it...
well maybe thats your opinion, but i have to agree with AM here. i mean, if you look at it from only those perspectives, wordplay, flow, etc., than half the rappers in the game are better than Pac. but Pac had a presence like no other, he could use the most simple rhyme schemes and still leave you riveted by his words. Rakim was a god on the mic no doubt, but he doesn't have that extra something that Pac had, no one else in the rap game has that, which is why Pac is seen by many to be the greatest ever

Devious187 said:
well maybe thats your opinion, but i have to agree with AM here. i mean, if you look at it from only those perspectives, wordplay, flow, etc., than half the rappers in the game are better than Pac. but Pac had a presence like no other, he could use the most simple rhyme schemes and still leave you riveted by his words. Rakim was a god on the mic no doubt, but he doesn't have that extra something that Pac had, no one else in the rap game has that, which is why Pac is seen by many to be the greatest ever
:thumb: my thoughts exactly

Devious187 said:
I still dont understand how that can translate to him being a better rapper...thats only one thing he was great at...Rakim was more of a total package...

well if you look at rap as only who has better rhymes or similes, than you have a point. but it was Pac's way of moving you with his words, the content of the lyrics as opposed to the lyrics themselves. he was an amazing storyteller (then again, so was Ra). it really all depends on how you look at hip-hop. in its most general terms, you would be correct, Ra would be the better rapper, but there is much more to the art than just who has the best rhymes. maybe i'll put it another way. Rakim was the better rapper, but Pac overall was the better artist

Devious187 said:
well if you look at rap as only who has better rhymes or similes, than you have a point. but it was Pac's way of moving you with his words, the content of the lyrics as opposed to the lyrics themselves. he was an amazing storyteller (then again, so was Ra). it really all depends on how you look at hip-hop. in its most general terms, you would be correct, Ra would be the better rapper, but there is much more to the art than just who has the best rhymes. maybe i'll put it another way. Rakim was the better rapper, but Pac overall was the better artist
Yeah I know what you are sayin....but Rakim > 2Pac thats how I see it...

Im just tired of kids of not knowing who Rakim is...and I always hear Pac is the greatest...and I mention Rakim and they say who the fuck is that or hes garbage...smh

well as good as he was, he doesn't have the legacy and the following that Pac does. thats a testament to that extra something that Pac had that i was referring to. don't concern yourself with other's opinions. there are plenty of other greats who dont get near the recognition they deserve, thats just how it goes

_carmi

me, myself & us
Devious187 said:
i like how you say it. :thumb:

rap is about rhymes, flow, word play, but its also about touching people with the rhymes, and nobody can do it better than pac.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.