D-Block - Sell under a 100 copies?

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Wtf :unsure:

In this week’s Nielsen SoundScan report, hip-hop is sparsely represented. Yet Eminem continues to keep registers ringing as he slowly inches closer to platinum status.

Eminem finally drops to the no. 2 slot, after holding onto the top spot for the last two weeks. Shady sold sold 141,200 copies of Relapse this week, bringing his three week total to 961,600.

The next rap release doesn’t fall until 28 spots down at no. 30. Redman and Method Man’s reunion disc Blackout! 2 fell 12 slots this week and dropped 30% in sales. The veteran duo pushed 14,400 units this go-round, making their overall tally stand at 92,400 after three weeks.

Further down at no. 40 is the Miami boss Rick Ross. The rotund rapper’s third album, Deeper Than Rap, continues to keep fans in the stores, selling 12,000 CDs this week. The disc’s seven week sales figures sit at 315,900.

Debuting all the way down at no. 96 is the posthumous release by famed producer J Dilla, Jay Stay Paid. The album, which features appearances by Black Thought, Havoc, Raekwon, DOOM and Lil Fame, among others, sold 5,400 copies in its first week on the shelves.

Failing to chart this week are East Coast mainstays AZ and D-Block. The Brooklyn rapper’s latest LP Legendary sold 1,600 units this week, while the Yonkers crew had a much smaller turnout, selling under 100 copies in its first week out. Duck Down artists Marco Polo and Torae’s collabortation album, Double Barrel managed to sell 1,300 discs its first time out.

Next week look for Mos Def to debut on the charts. – Elan Mancini
XXLmag.com - » Update: Eminem Comes Close To Platinum Status, New CDs From AZ & Torae Fail To Chart

Casey

Staff member
Damn, less than a hundred units? Shit, if those D-Block dudes went out on the street hustling CD's from the trunk of they car they could probably shift more units than that. Wow.

Can't say I'm that surprised though. I don't know many people that give a fuck about D-Block. Kiss, Sheek and Styles just need to do solo joints for a while and raise their individual profiles.

D-Block suck ass, but I'm surprised AZ didn't do a bit better.

His most recent album had a couple of decent cuts on it. The album is very similar to his last couple and doesn't blow you out of the water, but I still think it's better than most of the garbage being put out at the moment.

masta247

Staff member
It seems that D-Block is not as "deep" as they said if they can't even get more than a 100 "homeboys" to buy their albums.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
I hate to say it but its 50 Cents fault. He (Interscope) owns the rights to 3 of their unreleased albums, even though the beef is squashed, he hasnt given them back. I wont be suprised if this album is published under some minor independant label.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
I think it was under Koch.
Actually, i did a little research, cos im my opinion, Koch is mainstream, and i cant see such low sales from them.

Turns out I was right;

No Security is a compilation album by rap group D-Block. It was released on June 9, 2009 on E1 Music.
Luckily though, D-Block are now on Bad Boy, and the next album "New L.O.X. Order" will be out in December. I'm sure Diddy will ensure its success.

Casey

Staff member
Funny that they're back with Bad Boy after they had beef with Puffy when they went to Ruff Ryders. Anyone else remember that "Free the LOX" campaign? lol

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.