D Block CEO Speaks: 50 Vs Jada

http://www.sohh.com/thewire/read.php?contentID=6800

D-Block Records' Supa Mario Tells SOHH.com "50 ain't even the best in his crew."

While their boy Jadakiss has been swept up in the drama surrounding beef-laden 50 Ccent, his D-Block fam have remained quiet...until now. D Block Records' CEO Supa Mario talks to SOHH.com about the ongoing beef, D-Block's Interscope relationship, and the so-called rap war.

With a recent shooting and current beef with his own artist, 50 Cent has engulfed himself in a storm of drama. "He's at the top of his game right now; he don't have to go at it like that. I guess he needs all the drama to start sh!t up," Supa Mario tells SOHH.com. I think it's kinda stupid. I think [50] went too far."

Before the debut of Get Rich Or Die Tryin', the Queens emcee had already began his legacy of beef. However at one time, he actually praised his fellow emcees from Yonkers. "We get along with a lot of people. It's funny cause people always wanted to see [a beef between us]; but we was always cool like, 'Nah, we ain't got no problems with them.' So for him to say we be taking subliminal shots at him -its just crazy," says Mario. "What do you mean we got to ask you to do a song with [Ja]? Who the f#@$ are you? You a brand new ni99a; we ain't got to ask you for sh!t."

"He can't even rap that well. He ain't even the best in his crew," says Mario; who believes 50 has ulterior motives for ousting newcomer Game from the G-Unit crew/label. "Game makes him nervous cause he came out the gate with over 400,000. Game is a threat to him cause Game's his own man. 50 is the head of G-Unit -he wants you to do well, but not that well. Game's on pace to do better than him; so he has to stop that right now."

Super Mario tells SOHH.com that the recent Hot 97 shooting was a reality check. "They start popping at Hot 97 and this ni99a leave out the back -and you up there talking about popping off! They don't even go out the front to see what's up with their ni99as. You can't even take a ni99a like that seriously."

Supa Mario says the trash-talking about his crew's lyrical talent was over the top. "As far as music; he can say whatever he wants about money or whatever; but nobody over there is better than us musically."

"We don't know why he f#@$ing with us with all that singing sh!t. We understand he tried to take Ja out, so he can be the only one singing. But he's gonna have to come over here and rap with us," Mario tells SOHH.com. "I don't know how many rounds he's gonna last when all he talks about is how much money he makes."

While both Kiss and Styles P both share a label with 50, they know they're Interscope's top priority. You gotta understand that 50 and Em -their whole camp is making Interscope a lot of money right now. Its nothing new to us; we've been getting the run-around forever. So we don't know what's going to happen with that right now," he explains.

As for reports of police gearing up for a so-called "new rap war," Mario tells SOHH.com, "Its not no rap war, no East/West thing. Its just one jerk whose money has gone to his head. Every coast and every side can see that."

Mario says he wants the people to wake up, "[50] success has nothing to do with his skills. Its has to do with his story and he sells it well."

As a matter of fact 50 is really lame these past days. I wonder if Dre and Em will ever do anything with him if he really dissed both. As far as Jada goes, well he will rip him a new whole in a couple of days. I wonder how many times 50 is going to be primary target of rappers this week.

Peace

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
He makes a few good points - Why should they ask 50 to do a song with Ja, 50 doesn't present too many skills on the mic - it's his story that sells records.
But he talks some shit too, which isn't suprising as this is hip-hop, but as usual everyone jumps on the bandwagon with shit comments like "50 got owned" or whatever. All publicity is good publicity, and you'd have to be a fool to walk out the front of Hot 97 with Game waiting outside with 50 deep, and everyone carrying. At the end of the day the winner is the one left breathing, but too many hip-hop "fans" and I use that word loosely, are blood hungry.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.