Current Production Styles Are Stale

Is anyone getting tired of the over the top, poppy, synthesizer laced beats that are coming out these days? Where is the bass? I'm not hearing it in any recent songs. If I'm wrong, recommend some new songs that have loads of bass in them. I think this is also a reason the Pac album was as bad as it is. Crunk producers got their dirty paws all over it, and made it sound like an 80's pop music record. Trends are good sometimes, but the current trend in hip-hop production sucks. :mad:

... im not a fan of crunk beats either, but is bass the only thing that matters with beats now?.. and as far as my subs go, those crunk beats POUND. And I feel that thats all they're good for, bumping in a system, and thats about it. And thats why they sorta annoy me, those beats undermine the lyrics, which is the most important part of a soing to me.

.. and theres alotta dope producers out there still (stoupe, 9th wonder, abilities, Memo, Panik not to mention the more well known ones like hi-tek, dre, preemo, rza, eric sermon etc.)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.