Cuban Linx II to feature GZA & Deck alongside Rae instead of Ghost?

7 Syns

Taken from AHH forums. (yes they do suck ass for the most part) But...

Yeah you read it right Part 2 of the cinematic, theaterical, criminology Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 will have Maximillion aka. GZA and Rollie Fingers aka Inspecta Deck replacing Tony Starks. As was reported from the New Scratch Magazine. But dont be throwin hissy fits, This all falls on Tony Starks. After Ghostface's "Bulletproof Wallets" album Rae&Ghost were supposed to work on OB4CL-2, RZA gave them a lot of beats, but everybody had deadlines to meet with their own label and it wasn't unified as irt supposed to be so it was scratched.

The the beats RZA gave to Rae for OB4CL-2, Rae was planning on usin them for The RAGU album (Rae and Ghost United) but that album was too put on the shelves. So last Summer RZA called the Whole Wu-Tang to his new home he brought out in Southern California to work on a New Wu-Tang album everybody showed but Tony Starks, Cappadonna, U-God and Method Man. So GZA and Rae was in a zone and knocked out a few songs, GZA told RZA that he will do a Cuban Linx album with Rae and GZA told Rae too and he was down. RZA and Rae recorded 25 songs for OB4CL-2, with tracks from Dr. Dre, J-Dilla and Scram Jones that they are whittling down, and a Press Time there is no TONY STARKS APPERANCE ON THE ALBUM, he's working on his New Album "FISHSCALE" and promised an 11th hour contribution, he gave his word 2 RAE.

So on the OB4CL2 there will be a plot point that will be explain on the album how Rollie Fingers and Maximillion replaced tha brutish Tony Starks. GZA said he aint tryin to replace Iron Man. And Rae said this album is going to CRUSH THE FIRST ONE. RZA played some traccs off of OB4CL2 and said that he never play his music early, so you know im on a mission.
Im not sure how true or legitimate this is, I didn't buy the Scratch with RZA on the cover so if anyone did/owns it please verify this information provided.

If it happens to so be true, well I like Ghost he is a consistant as hell emcee. But I always believed Inspectah Deck when on guest verses/appearances comes better than any other Wu member.

The GZA is always in top form, so I can say Im not disappointed at all. As long as Ghost comes through with a couple verses here and there I am more than pleased.

Now I haven't heard Rae's Vatican Mixtape so I can't judge on how great he is at this point of time, if anyone has heard it give some feedback/opinion.

But yeah, someone please get info from the Scratch magazine verifying this information. it will be appreciated :thumb:

peace.

7 Syns said:
As long as Ghost comes through with a couple verses here and there I am more than pleased.
I agree, Ghostface Killah is my favorite so I hope he does a couple a verses. But it'll be a great album regardless. Hope this album happens some time this year.

yeah, i read this in scratch...ghost is supposed to only be on one track...something about scheduling conflicts, but i have a feeling this album is still gonna be just as sicc as the first one

AmerikazMost

Damn, and the other night i was arguing with my friend that GZA and INS were better than Ghostface. No hate on Ghostface though. I love his stuff as well, just not as much.

Just a weird ass coincidence.

GZA is by far my favorite, and i think hes the best in the wu. deck isnt far behind, even though id rank him like 4th or 5th in the group (thats just how good wu tang is.) anyways, i couldnt be more pleased to hear that GZA and Deck will be featured prominently on the album. however, a cuban linx sequel without Ghost is like a Friday movie without Chris Tucker. its still good quality, but it just doesnt feel right. i sure as hell hope Ghost at least drops a couple verses on it

Ghost and RAe have great chem though so its going be intresting to see how GZa/Rebel INS do (after all Gullitoine off OB4CL 1 was an ill track fetauring both)

^^^ i just finished listening to that song like five minutes ago while taking a shit. GZA kills it with his last line to end the song, just the way he flows it is SO fuckin ill

Producin data, microchips or software
Undaground and off air, the Land of the Lost
Notorious henchman from the North
Strikin niggaz where the Mason-Dixon line crossed
-GZA

Bobby Sands

Inspectah Decks verse in Guillotine is one of my favourites ever.I love the way he just rips into it.He is a dope MC.Id love to hear a solo album by him,completely produced by RZA.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Inspectah Decks verse in Guillotine is one of my favourites ever.I love the way he just rips into it.He is a dope MC.Id love to hear a solo album by him,completely produced by RZA.

I second that, but i would like to add a little to it, i would like to see each wu-tang member have everyone of their solo cds COMPLETELY produced by the RZA. RZA knows them the best and it is only fitting that he handle their work. But, this is just a dream, and it will never, ever happen.

Now to the topic. Ghost Deni is an amazing rapper and he says that off the wall shit, but he makes it make sense, if the listener pays attention. I really like his lyrics because he goes out of his way to get noticed, hes no one else but ghostface, and hes flowing all over the damn track, weeving in and out like no other. I love his flow, for lack of a better word i will call it "Slippery". Its just on point, everytime, the man puts a lot of work crafting his shit, gotta respect it.

So i am dissapointed that he will not be featured as much as the first one but i am not worried the in the least bit. With INS and GZA you know they are going to be throwing,spiting,shiting,puking,bleeding,pooping, and finally diareahhing DARTS. INS GZA and Rae as practically a group, Can you think of a better combonation of voices and styles in 2days rap? Of course the answer is a big FUCK NO!

Chronic

In theory it all sounds great but I won't get myself hyped up. I'll be listening to the album with no expectations whatsoever.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.