Crooked I - Evolution Of A Boss (Free Download)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Crooked I was raised in Long Beach and Los Angeles and also spent a year in Philadelphia during his teens. Encouraged by his family he started recording music and settled with his brother in Long Beach.

An exceptional rapper with the gift of wordplay, Crooked I soon became a part of Dogg Pound Productions. He opened shows for Snoop Dogg, Daz Dillinger and others and got a record deal in the mid-1990s with Virgin Records. He then made memorable appearances on the Ride soundtrack on a song with Snoop Dogg and on the Caught Up soundtrack on a song with the Luniz.

By the end of the 1990s, Crooked I had signed to Death Row Records and became its flagship artist. While on the label, he recorded a number of classic cuts, including "Gangster Rap," which teamed him with Scarface and Naughty By Nature's Treach and was featured on the Too Gangsta For Radio album.

Crooked I left Death Row without releasing an album and aligned himself in early 2004 with the up-and-coming Treacherous Records, also home to Jayo Felony and Big Syke.

Tired of false starts and a lack of albums Crooked I is currently shopping his independent label, Dynasty Records. to a number of large labels and distributors.

"My whole objective is to make myself a force, my company Dynasty a force in the industry to where, OK, if we all do want to sit down, then we sit down as bosses at the roundtable," he explains.

"We've got to put out good music, step our game up," Crooked I says of his plan for music industry domination that will start on his native West Coast. "It's about competition and being competitive, but we've got to unite. If you don't want to, that's cool, too. We're going to roll right over you. But it would be so much easier if everybody just worked with everybody. The whole coast would pop."

Crooked I is looking to finaly release his album, through whatever label others the best deal, early in 2007. But in the meantime the Dynasty Entertainment community has come together, along with several websites including StreetHop.com, to capitalise of the buzz created by Crooked I on his previous mixtapes Young Boss Volumes 1 & 2, by releasing absolutely free for download Evolution of a Boss.

The mixtape will feature the best tracks from Crooked I's career so far and is a double disc. Most of the tracks are previously unreleased or have previously been tagged. Evolution of a Boss also contains exclusive tracks that have never been heard or released including a new track with original production from Focus.

Even if you are a die hard Crooked I fan this mixtape will have something new and unheard for you, and if you have yet to hear the best of the New West, then Evolution of a Boss is the perfect introduction.

Evolution of a Boss Tracklisting –

Intro
Gz Come Out At Night (1996) Exclusive Quality and Untagged
Rap Killers (1998)
Uh Oh (1999)
Did You Eva Think (2001)
Still Tha Row OG (2003)
Me Against The World (2004)
Leave Us Alone (2004) Exclusive Quality and Untagged
Dynasty 4 Life (2004)
My Life (2004)
Watch What You Do (2005)
Mill Out The Deal (2005)
The Kite OG (2005) Exclusive Untagged OG
Low Profiled (2005) Exclusive Untagged
Gangsta's Holiday (2006)
Respect Your OG's (2006)
Str8 Bosses (2006)
LA City Style (2006)
Everyday Ft Komplex (2006) Exclusive CDQ

Bonus Disk

Boom Boom Boom Clap (2006) Dynasty Remix
We Pop (2004) Kao Full Remix
The Truth (2006)
Bucktown (2006)
The Cypher Ft HSG (2006)
Tap Dancin' (2006)
Ridin' Dirty (2006) Kao Full Westcoast Remix
Who Dem Boyz (2006)
One Blood (2006) Dj Skee Westcoast Remix
Collateral Damage (2006) Exclusive CDQ

Special thanks to www.WestCoastDynasty.com and to Focus and Smitty at Focus productions.

Also thanks to Novakane, Episcop Cvrle, Scott and AudioHosting.org.

And not forgetting to include The Boss of the West; Crooked I.

Click the cover to Download.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
This is the first of many from the Dynasty Online Community...

Leading up until 2007 when the album will drop.

I downloaded it 2 days ago and it's amazing! It's way better than any other mixtape that artists did drop this year. I can't stop listening to it. Check my blog if yall want other tracks.
Here's the list:
"Creased Khaki Flow"
"The Crook Thats In Me" (feat. Nate Dogg)
"Keep On" (feat. Sly Boogy and Kam)
"Wake Up Show Anthem" (feat. Locksmith, Mistah F.A.B., Balance, Zion I and Sly Boogy)
"Girl" (feat. Luniz)
"Get Gunned Down" (feat. Jim Jones and The Game)

http://dimihyphy.skyblog.com

I'm also looking for these tracks : "Caliboyz", "King Pin" and "So Treacherous".

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
dimos06 said:
I downloaded it 2 days ago and it's amazing! It's way better than any other mixtape that artists did drop this year. I can't stop listening to it. Check my blog if yall want other tracks.
Here's the list:
"Creased Khaki Flow"
"The Crook Thats In Me" (feat. Nate Dogg)
"Keep On" (feat. Sly Boogy and Kam)
"Wake Up Show Anthem" (feat. Locksmith, Mistah F.A.B., Balance, Zion I and Sly Boogy)
"Girl" (feat. Luniz)
"Get Gunned Down" (feat. Jim Jones and The Game)

http://dimihyphy.skyblog.com

I'm also looking for these tracks : "Caliboyz", "King Pin" and "So Treacherous".

Visit www.westcoastdynasty.com and visit Crooked I's official forums. 2 of the tracks are available there definately.

"So Treacherous" is off One-2's first mixtape, HighSchool Dropout.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.