Cristal responds to Jay-Z's allegations of "racism"

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
French champagne house Louis Roederer has released a statement in response to Island Def Jam president Jay-Z, who called the company racist and launched a boycott of its product Cristal after learning of anti-hip hop remarks made by its managing director Frederic Rouzaud.

In The Economist magazine, Rouzaud expressed ambivalent feelings about Cristal’s heavy use and promotion by hip hop artists, and stated he viewed the champagne’s popularity among rappers with "curiosity and serenity." The comment led Jay-Z to announce Wednesday he will no longer serve Cristal in his 40/40 clubs and will "lead a boycott in the world of hip-hop."

"I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products," Jay-Z said.

Responding against the racism allegations, the 230-year-old company released a statement calling Jay-Z’s remarks "unfounded."

"A house like Louis Roederer would not have existed since 1776 without being totally open and tolerant to all forms of culture and art, including the most recent musical and fashion styles which -- like hiphop -- keep us in touch with modernity," it said.

So how is this hypocritical bullshit? Jay-Z's comments on racism are unfounded. Jay-Z is making no sense. Hip-hop was created by blacks, but it is not a black-only thing, especially not a minority-only thing either.

People need to stop dickriding and start thinking.

_carmi

me, myself & us
Valeoz said:
So how is this hypocritical bullshit? Jay-Z's comments on racism are unfounded. Jay-Z is making no sense. Hip-hop was created by blacks, but it is not a black-only thing, especially not a minority-only thing either.

People need to stop dickriding and start thinking.
they say they are opened to all type of customers BUT they said before that the hip hop community's attention is UNWELCOMED.

its maybe not racist, but still hypocrite.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.