Cristal Champagne hates hip-hop connection

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The managing director of Cristal champagne is scratching his head over the product’s heavy presence in hip hop.

The expensive beverage was the 8th most mentioned brand on Billboard's Top 100 chart in 2005 with 35 namedrops, according to AmericanBrandstand.com. The company, however, views its embrace by the hip hop community with "curiosity and serenity."

In a special edition of The Economist Magazine, the managing director of Louis Roderer Cristal described the rap community’s promotion of the drink as “unwelcome attention.”

“What can we do?” said managing director Frédéric Rouzaud in the article titled Bubbles & Bling. “We can't forbid people from buying it. I'm sure Dom Perignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business."

The brand has been mentioned in songs by such artists as Jay-Z, Kanye West, Trina, Lloyd Banks, The Game and Mariah Carey.

It's obvious why they don't like it....Cristal has always been a "high class drink."While it does givee them free advertising,some of the wealthy folk are probably buying it less in order to not be seen with a drink that "gangters and pimps" drink.

_carmi

me, myself & us
thadeadlyfoe said:
It's obvious why they don't like it....Cristal has always been a "high class drink."While it does givee them free advertising,some of the wealthy folk are probably buying it less in order to not be seen with a drink that "gangters and pimps" drink.
yeah... but its so snobby from them. after all its publicity.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.