concerning recent leaks..

7 Syns

just a few ops

Fabolous From Nothin' To Somethin' I heard briefly, from the sound of it it's a cross between Real Talk & Street Dreams. It's nothing that leaves a listener in awe.Lyrically he's actually fallen off abit I thought. Repeated topics set the opus back. I'd give it a 2.5/5

Canibus From Whom The Beat Tolls, the Eminem-esqué beats suit 'Bis pretty well. Lyrically on some songs he goes way over board but thats been his steez since Mic Club. It's not a bad album but it's still levels below Rip The Jacker &/or 2000 B.C.. 3-3.5/5

Pharoahe Monch Desire, an absolute gem. Conceptually fresh, lyrically ripe and the flow is well THE FLOW. Beats provide a wide spread array of flavors. One of the better releases this year and I put it in contention for LP of the year. I love the remake of Welcome to the Terrordome and the song What It Is.. is What? Dope ish. 4.5/5

Talib Kweli Eardrum, his best offering since Reflection Eternal. He combined the best of Quality with probably the worst of Train of Thought. That said, still it makes for a dope LP. Lyrically correct, flow has stepped up alot. He seemed to stray away from his off beat flow which is actually a shame seeing it was all him. Sounds crazy similar to AZ on some tracks esp. Everything Man. 4/5

peac3.

7 Syns

Similar but probably more mellowed. Train of Thought had some rush in it, you know ish that would make you get up and nod your melon to it. Think; Move Something. But Remember Hi-Tek complimented Talib almost perfectly on ToT. It's a dope lp nether the less, Eardrum that is.

peac3.

Nothing wrong with mellow though, that fits perfect with his tone of voice...Im sadden by the leaks but look foward to hearing them officially soon.

.. havent given that new kweli a good listen, but that Monch album is outta this world. The hook on "When the gun draws" is probably the best i've heard for years. That hook itself will have me listening to the cd for a while

~peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.