Common to release album in September

Fans of Common will no longer have to wait forever to hear new material, as Common’s latest release, Finding Forever, will find its way to fans this September.

Finding Forever will be the seventh album from the man with common sense which comes just over a year after the highly successful 2005 release, Be.

Be, which saw Kanye West produce nine tracks on the album, earned widespread praise from critics and bought a tip of the Common iceberg into the mainstream following the success of ‘Testify’ - a dramatic tale of courtroom deception – and three Grammy Nominations which included Best Rap Album.

Kanye West is a confirmed contributor to the project. The beat-maker recently declared ''I let [Common] get first dibs on the beats that I make.'' Although this time around West will not feature as heavily on the album, his approach is typical of his style: ''I don't want anything that I wouldn't want to rap on to be on his album,'' he said.

Common explained the idea behind the title of his new album when saying, ''We may physically leave this world, but can live through our contributions.'' As per usual the CD is filled with a variety of content; from songs like ‘Dancing on the Weekends’ which uses a sample from Elton John’s ‘I Feel Like A Bullet (In the Gun of Robert Ford)' to tell the story of a failed struggle against cancer, to songs such as ‘Baby Don’t Think About it’ which is a long idolization of the joys of women.

Although the album has been given a September release date, Common is staying focused. ''I got a lotta work to do,'' he said. ''I'm not going to let the album come out unless it's at the A level. I want an A+ from Entertainment Weekly.''

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.