Common to leave rap for Hollywood

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Common is planning to ditch his music career for Hollywood, because he feels he will be more successful as an actor than he will ever be as a rapper.

The star - born Lonnie Rashid Lynn Jr. - has garnered critical acclaim for his lyrical skills in his 15 years in the music industry, but has already made a name for himself as an actor in his short time on the big screen, with roles in movies like "Smoking Aces" and the newly-released "American Gangster".
But he is contemplating making the career change more permanent.

He tells Vibe magazine, "I need a new fulfillment as an artist. I feel like I can become a bigger actor than I am a rapper.
"It's scary thinking, 'Damn, if I don't sell no records, what am I going to do?' When you haven't made multi-millions in this game, you got to think about what you want to be doing when you're 50 or 60. I found an art that I really love and it's infinite."

Source: Wenn.com

It's funny, like how much do you really think Common's made as a rapper??

I would say he's got to have made at least a million, with all his albums, guest appearances, tours, etc. "Be" went almost platinum, he's got to pull in a few thousand for every concert, he goes to do shows at colleges, small halls, the occasional medium-sized venue, I don't know if he's ever done anything big.

After 15 years in the game, say he pulled in around $30,000 on his worst years, maybe $150,000 on his best...maybe had a $250,000 year somewhere in there...

He's got to have made 1.5+ million total as a rapper, what's everybody else's thoughts?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.