Common Speaks On Album Leaks

Common Speaks On Album Leaks

Chicago MC Common recently downplayed the proliferation of bootleg reproductions of his much-anticipated upcoming album Be, stating that he wasn't too bothered by the album leaks.

"People ain't got all the songs, so I ain't trippin'. They don't even have the whole album yet," Common said in a statement.

The rapper is currently working on new material including a remix of his single "Corners" featuring Mos Def and Scarface.

Common has also been in the studio contributing to fellow Chicago rapper/producer Kanye West's upcoming sophomore release Late Registration.

West, who produced much of Be, has projected Common's album as a classic.

Be is scheduled to drop on May 24.

In related news, Common is scheduled to perform on Friday (April 22) at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia and at Columbia University in New York City on April 30.

source: AHH

LMAo I would have liked to see him say...

Yeah it gives me a great feeling ppl are dying to get my shit ...makes me feel so loved...OH AND IF YOU A FAN OF HIP HOP YOU MAKE SURE YOU BUY THAT SHIT !!

Well, at least he didn't all-out bitch like some rappers.

Really, I respect that some artists really pour their soul into their work but a lot of them don't & then still bitch about bootlegging even though their record is full of all the dirt they did.

roaches

I'm hoping some of the album that apparently I don't have yet has Common just ripping the mic. How ill would "Be" have been if it was just Common going for 50 or 100 bars on just that bassline?

2pac4prez2004 said:
They don't even have the whole album yet," Common said in a statement.

The rapper is currently working on new material including a remix of his single "Corners" featuring Mos Def and Scarface.
Sounds mad.. I hope he isn't bullshiting us because we downloaded the fuck out of the leak.

i'm gettin it. who out there isn't feeling the tracks that leaked? i can't stop listening to that shit, some of the truest shit ever spoken on the state of rap right now and other shit.

he's working with kanye damnit.... anyways i hope he isn't just saying this so we want to get his album and stuff, or that he's in denail....

at least he's playing it cool...I'm sure some artists out there cry themselves to sleep at night cause their album gets leaked.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.