Common - Real People Question

Theres more to that part, but I guess what he means is how "black men", seem to lower "black women" by going out with someone with another race, it all goes back to calling women bitches and ho's basically, i know its not really clear as to what im saying, but i hope some of you understand what Im trying to say...

ArtsyGirl

Black men walking wit white girls on they arms
I be mad at em as if I know they moms
Told to go beyond the surface, a person's a person
When we lessen our women our condition seems to worsen
It seems like his saying it offends him but he knows it shouldnt since he doesnt know them (I be mad at em as if I know they moms). I think its more rooted in the history between Black men and White Women, and even more White Men and Black Women.

roaches

Yeah I'm definitly not feeling Common's little subtle racist undertones.
Some interviewer asked him about his thoughts on interracial relationships, and he admitted that he has fornicated with beckies and buffys but won't date one. I guess the struggle between the dick and the pro-Black brain is just too much.

Now, if he gets called out on it later, he's going to get angry and say that he never said he was a conscious rapper and he hates labels and good music is just good music. Then he's going to lock himself in a closet with a hundred tea cozies and a copy of Mama's Gun.

This is why I don’t like common. He is all about black power but when you separate white and black as two different species you alienate white people. How can you have black power if black is the only race, then its just power. Plus in my mind the only way black people will ever have what they want is if white people give it to them, since people like common feel that whites are the ones taking what they want or think they need to begin with. The only way white people will listen to black people is if whites speak for them or blacks speak through whites. Segregation always backfires sooner or later. MLK, Malcolm X and all the others tried through black people and unfortunately it did more bad then good. 2pac spoke to white people through black culture all awhile making sure to stay true to the street people and/or blacks living in the gutter. I think his goal was too hard to reach considering his particular dilemma, (gangster rap and activist is hard 2 balance) so skip him. Even as I write this I can’t help but to feel some will find my comments to be racist. I’m not saying blacks need whites any more then breakfast needs eggs. What I’m saying is blacks need whites to understand, so what better way then to have a white person explain to them. Lets be honest, your average Middle Ages white person as black people, are in some form or fashion racist. Get some white people that care on the side of black leaders and discuss, protest or whatever you got to do. It would easy their feeble minds and in return you might catch their attention. Just imagine a white Malcolm X or a white Martin Luther King speaking the language of anger fed up black men and women. That’s a revelation (not a revolution) worth blood and sacrifice; otherwise we will just have another brilliant black man assassinated on a balcony. MLK LN, MLK Drive, MLK St-. the grimiest of ghettoes in return for you sacrifices for standing up and speaking without talking, for you life given to those that don’t even care to stop and listen. I guess in the end we all have a dream, it seems we are not all willing to capture it by any means necessary. A word to Common- live and let live- we got bigger problems…

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
There were studies conducted and it has been found that a significant number of adult black women is single and well, every study needs its scapegoat. White women are to blame.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.