Common in Smoking Aces

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Does anybody else think Common was kick ass in Smoking Aces? The guy seems to be a great actor; and really, I see him playing in some cool intimidating action movies or dramas in the future.

I've never thought of Common as being imposing or intimidating, but he played the roll well in the flick.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Yeah he was dope in it. Real serious and shit.

He can play off the quiet mean grilling person real well.

ARon

I dont think he was in it enough, well he didnt play big enough of a part to make a real good judgement. He played his part well but I will wait to say he is good until he plays a major role.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Movie was dope full stop. I know its unfair to compare the two, but Id rather see Common in movies than Mos Def; actually that goes for music nowdays too...

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Rukas said:
Movie was dope full stop. I know its unfair to compare the two, but Id rather see Common in movies than Mos Def; actually that goes for music nowdays too...
I dunno man, the movie itself was aight to me nuthing that great.

And I dunno if Common can do sensitive acting, something like Mos Def's done. I dont hold em on the same level.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
He seemed to show a sensative side when he was talking to Buddy in the bathroom though; it was a strong scene.

7 Syns

movie was overrated and unsatisfactory, though it did have it's moments.

mos def as an actor > common, but fuck it i'll take Tip over the both of them. that said, Com did do his part justice and i also thought he played it well.

*goes back to waiting for finding forever*

peac3.

ARon

I still havent seen ATL, was it any good or what?

Speakin of rapper/actors what about Andre Benjamin. You guys like him? I think I like Big Boi more than him turthfully, actin wise.

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
Aristotle said:
I still havent seen ATL, was it any good or what?

Speakin of rapper/actors what about Andre Benjamin. You guys like him? I think I like Big Boi more than him turthfully, actin wise.
yeah i thought ATL was pretty good , and T.I can act his ass off , but the movie didnt get great ratings.

ArtsyGirl

Yeah I'm interested in seeing this movie.. I didnt know Common was in it though, just another reason to go see it.. How did Alicia Keys do?

artisticgurl said:
Yeah I'm interested in seeing this movie.. I didnt know Common was in it though, just another reason to go see it.. How did Alicia Keys do?
alicia keys is sxc as hell if u into women check it out :p

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I agree that Big Boi is the better actor our of the two Outkasters.

ATL was a good movie, and TI proved that he could act. I am looking forward to him in Denzel and Crowe's American Gangster flick, which also happens to feature Common too.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.