Cloak n Dagga - Def Con Zero (Canibus & Phoenix Orion). Surprise of '05.

7 Syns

I think this album is really dope, Im going as far as saying this album is better than any Canibis record besides possibly Rip The Jacker and a big maybe to 2000 B.C.. But everything seems on point about the record, the hooks the beats and ofcourse the rhymes. The first 2 mentioned were Canibus biggest problems when putting together an album, beats & hooks.

Definately a big surprise from someone who'd expect nothing from it, Hip-Hop 4 Sale is alright but sucks ass compared to this album. Phoenix Orion holds his own and shines equally with 'Bis. No one outdoes anybody.

There's really about 2 wack joints on it, apart from that everything else is very nice.

peace.

linx

Staff member
I also enjoyed this album. I never posted about it though obviously, lol. Like I said, I enjoyed it though. Hip Hop 4 Sale was ok like you said, but this is definitely better. Free spits a dope verse on one of the songs too.

7 Syns

its linx! said:
I also enjoyed this album. I never posted about it though obviously, lol. Like I said, I enjoyed it though. Hip Hop 4 Sale was ok like you said, but this is definitely better. Free spits a dope verse on one of the songs too.
Yeah she killed her verse, did you think K-Solo came wack on "Letter From Head Trauma (Ft. K Solo & Kool G Rap)"?. Because I think he did, K has lost alot of steam since the last time I heard him properly.

G Rap came through as usual. Also some of the beats on the album do have potential to go hard in the clubs I thought. eg "Gold Trigga", "Titans" & "Y'all Can't Ball".

peace.

i think phoenix orion does aight, but canibus holds the weight on this album. he carries the tracks.

rhythmatic ju jitsu is so fuckin ill, livin is unbelievable

the album is great, no doubt about it. its not as good as rip the jacker. if this album were minus orion & all bis, it'd be better than rip the jacker!

Jebus

I fucking hated it persoanlly

Rhythmatic ju Jitsu was dope but that was about it.

Even the DVD that came with it was fucking horrible. It seemed forced and just to a word wack

I didnt even pick up hip-hop for sale after hearing this nonsense.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.