Clipse album pushed back again

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Just as the Clipse’s album, Hell Hath No Fury, was about to hit stores next month after years of postponements, the Virginia rap duo have learned their label, Jive Records, is pushing it back yet again.

"I hate Jive with all my heart and all the passion and my soul," group member Pusha T recently told Rolling Stone magazine, shortly after he learned the LP was pushed further back to Dec. 5.

The Virginia Beach emcee later lamented his choice of words when he spoke to MTV News this past week.

"When I say things, I’m speaking from the emotional side of an artist," Pusha said on Monday.

"We do street rap where we feel that everything is dictated from the streets. And the hype and the buzz that you garner is something that can’t be taken away from you. The record label, all they have to go by is what reads on paper.

So it’s like, as far as the Rolling Stone issue goes, it was a situation where it was a rough day. And I feel like my core audience -- the people who kept us relevant for all these years and the time on hiatus -- is waiting. So, you know, for them to say that shit was pushed back, I was upset and I spazzed out."

Despite his frustration, Pusha admitted that the label was surprisingly supportive of the project, and his complaints only refer to Jive’s slow response to the group’s street buzz.

"Jive hasn't denied us much, not really anything that we've asked for,” he said. “But the time frame in which they do things sort of fucks up the situation. They’ll do it, they just do it a little late."

The Clipse’s forthcoming album was initially meant for a 2004 release, and after years of label setbacks, the LP is said to be much darker than their 2002 debut, Lord Willin’.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.