Chuck D a contender for the now-vacant presidency of Def Jam

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
Rap legend Chuck D has added his name to the mix of contenders for the now-vacant presidency of Def Jam Records. Since Jay-Z stepped down the industry has been abuzz with possible candidates like Jermaine Dupri, Game's manager Jimmy Rosemond and even Jay's former Roc-A-Fella partner, Damon Dash. Chuck D told AllHipHop.com, "After 10 years looking on the collapsing of the record industry, and upon hearing the news of Jay-Z stepping down from Def Jam, I would throw my name into the hat of somebody who understands how the hell Universal should establish the name-brands they acquire with stockholders money."

As frontman of Public Enemy, Chuck D recorded with Def Jam from 1987 to 1998 and now runs his own label, the tech-savvy Slam Jamz. He also told the website that Jay-Z didn't have adequate time to grow as CEO (he took the position Jan. 3, 2005) and referenced the ongoing speculation that Jay may end up at Sony BMG where Def Jam co-founder Rick Rubin is chairman of Columbia Records. "I think a person like Jay-Z needed a bit more time, but I could imagine his corporate limitations, and he's gonna be working alongside a true music cat R.R. [Rick Rubin] to do his thing." Jay celebrated the grand opening of his Las Vegas, NV 40/40 nightclub with an assortment of stars ranging from girlfriend Beyonce to NBA star LeBron James to Rev. Al Sharpton.

Source-www.hiphop-elements.com

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.