Chino XL's Poison Pen

I just got it today.. Anyone else?? Woah.. i'm impressed... definately the best album of '06 so far to me... His flow reminds me of Eminems old style, but he's unique enough so that he doesnt sound like a total copy... I can't post retail full albums, but here's 3 of my favorite songs off it... How was his 1st album? I always heard good things about it, except I never got around to buying it...

Don't Fail Me Now w/The Beatnuts

http://rapidshare.de/files/15865848/09-chino_xl-dont_fail_me_now_ft_beatnuts-ftd.mp3.html

What You Lookin At

http://rapidshare.de/files/15866293/14-chino_xl-what_you_lookin_at-ftd.mp3.html

Even If It Kills Me

http://rapidshare.de/files/15866262/03-chino_xl-even_if_it_kills_me-ftd.mp3.html

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
This album is on my list. Although I might have preordered a copy, can't remember.

He was giving away autographed copies at 1 point.

I ordered an autographed copy from undergroundhiphop.com, comes with a 'making of' CD, videos and photos.

Ships tomorrow, the fact that people are saying good things about it makes me very excited indeed.

It is very dope. I find it odd that you would post those tracks,as those are the tracks I dislike(different views I guess)

Definitly a hot album anyone who doesnt have it should try and peep my personal Favs:

"Wordsmith"
"Messiah"
"Our time"
"Skin"(fucking crack right there)

P.S. Chino does not sound like eminem: Eminem sounded like Chino

Shahin

I finally got my hands on the album yesterday, it's fuckin dope. I've probably never waited for an album as long as I've waited for this one but i'd say that it was worth it. Almost every track is dope, with the exception of the track with the Beatnuts which I didn't really feel. It just sucks that he'll go mainstream after this. Anyways, incredible album.

Really? I'm feeling those 3 tracks still.. I'm a Beatnuts fan though.. I think theyre one of the most underrated, even though their last album wasnt all that... Felt more like a mix cd then a lp... Nah I dont Chino will really go mainstream.. I'm in Jersey and I've never heard anyone mention Chino XL except on the internet...got a feeling its not gonna sell that well.. Shit, I still gotta pick up his 1st lp, but its probaly outta print now..

Fataldawg said:
His flow reminds me of Eminems old style, but he's unique enough so that he doesnt sound like a total copy
ok im sorry...but that REALLY annoyed me....chino has been around many years before Eminem, and in my opinion is a much nicer, and more diverse MC

the reason people say they have a similar style is becuase of songs like "Chino XL - Deliver"...where chino used to diss pop stars and so forth...which Eminem started to do many years later with "my name is"

anyway, sorry to blast you...Chino is just one of my fav MC's...

but about poisen pen...most of the tracks are pretty old now...

my fav is still wordsmith!...LOVE that track!

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.