Chino XL to release two albums this year; one commercial album

ARon

Seems dumb if you ask me, be true to yourself and make your music, let the people decide if it will be mainstream or not.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Nah. You gotta get paid.
If Chino can go gold or even Platinum by doing some selling out, it'd be worth it.

To quote EDI "If you aint in this rap game for the motherfucking cash mayne, then what is your purpose?"

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
He just views it as two different types of music, its not selling out, its just making another kind of music.

Pittsey said:
Nah. You gotta get paid.
If Chino can go gold or even Platinum by doing some selling out, it'd be worth it.

To quote EDI "If you aint in this rap game for the motherfucking cash mayne, then what is your purpose?"
:rolleyes: , well hey, EDI is not exactly classified to speak out as Mr hip hop Spokesman seeing how he knows very little about it or how to perform it. actualy you'd be goin well if you forgot everything that has ever come out of edi's mouth. come to think bout it, it should basicaly become a crime to say your only in it for the cash. , maybe oneday

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Frank Grimes said:
:rolleyes: , well hey, EDI is not exactly classified to speak out as Mr hip hop Spokesman seeing how he knows very little about it or how to perform it. actualy you'd be goin well if you forgot everything that has ever come out of edi's mouth. come to think bout it, it should basicaly become a crime to say your only in it for the cash. , maybe oneday
Ouch!! :D

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Frank Grimes said:
Yeah.
Fuck my kids, they don't need to eat. It's all about the music.
I only sold 2000 copies, but I stayed true.

Everyone sells out a little. I'd like you to mention those that haven't.
Even Kweli did.

And as for the EDI quote, I'm not a fan of his, who is? It just fitted.

Also I prefer MC's that don't sell out and I hate the way Aftermath artists considor it to be all about sales and money. But if I was a rapper I'd want to live well. And it's how success is measured I'm afraid.

And maybe Chino doesn't considor it selling out, and that it's just 2 different kinds of music. but will the fans look at it like that?

I Told You So had an amazing sound, if he builds upon that I don't see why he can't release a Gold album at least with the right promotion.

I think it's a good idea even though if Poison Pen is supposed to become a classic, maybe the idea of going commercial may get him the exposure he deserves because he's a great lyricist that has mad skills.

Peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.