Chamillionaire's "Ridin Dirty" Best Selling Ringtone In History

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
Author: Soundslam
Sep. 6, 2006 - New York, New York

It's been a great week for rapper Chamillionaire. Last week Thursday the Houston emcee took home an MTV VMA for Best Rap Video for his video "Ridn'." This week Chamillionaire became the first artist ever to be RIAA certified triple platinum, as "Ridin'" is now the best selling ringtone in history.

"Ridin'" was the hit single off Chamillionaire's debut album, The Sound of Revenge. The album has sold over one million copies, and Cham is currently getting ready to start work on his follow-up, Ultimate Victory.

Source: Soundslam

_carmi

me, myself & us
its cool for him. that song was aight. of course its ben overplayed on tv so i cant listen to it anymore but it was good for a while. congrats to him. i like his album sound of revenge.

I don't care for the guy one way or the other. Ridin is catchy, but I don't listen to a song just cuz it's "catchy"... to me, that's some bandwagon bullshit.

I ain't have nothing against the guy, but I don't care for him either. He seemed genuinely happy and shocked at his VMA award, and so therefore I was happy for him... but I can't believe this song is the best selling ringtone in history. That shit almost seems fucked up to me.

2Pax

Bam_Margera said:
I don't care for the guy one way or the other. Ridin is catchy, but I don't listen to a song just cuz it's "catchy"... to me, that's some bandwagon bullshit.

I ain't have nothing against the guy, but I don't care for him either. He seemed genuinely happy and shocked at his VMA award, and so therefore I was happy for him... but I can't believe this song is the best selling ringtone in history. That shit almost seems fucked up to me.
You should go cop 'Sound of Revenge', pretty good album.

2Pax said:
Fuck copping it. I'll DL the songs on LimeWire.

Hell, Obie Trice and Christina Aguilera, two of my absolute favorite performers dropped albums two weeks ago, and I had to DL their shit and burn it on CD until I have the cash to buy their albums.

I full intend to buy their records, becuase I always support artists I like. ONly, I DL their album and burn it on CD and buy it... so I have one copy at home and one in the ride and don't have to buy every album twice.

And, when you're a struggling rapper like myself... most every dime you spend goes to the studio. I'm going to buy some new beats tomorrow too, so unless I have some extra cash... neither Obie or Christina will see my $15 for probably another month.

2Pax said:
Hey... I tried to send you a PM with this question but it said you've exceeded your limit... so I'll ask here:

I noticed you have Proof's verse from How Come in your sig.

Are you sure that first line reads:

"But Proof is just acting out the part he was thrown?"

Cuz I always thought it was:

"But Proof is just acting out,
THE PARTY WAS STONED
"

2Pax

Bam_Margera said:
Fuck copping it. I'll DL the songs on LimeWire.

Hell, Obie Trice and Christina Aguilera, two of my absolute favorite performers dropped albums two weeks ago, and I had to DL their shit and burn it on CD until I have the cash to buy their albums.

I full intend to buy their records, becuase I always support artists I like. ONly, I DL their album and burn it on CD and buy it... so I have one copy at home and one in the ride and don't have to buy every album twice.

And, when you're a struggling rapper like myself... most every dime you spend goes to the studio. I'm going to buy some new beats tomorrow too, so unless I have some extra cash... neither Obie or Christina will see my $15 for probably another month.
Yea D/L it then, you won't be dissapointed.

Bam_Margera said:
Hey... I tried to send you a PM with this question but it said you've exceeded your limit... so I'll ask here:

I noticed you have Proof's verse from How Come in your sig.

Are you sure that first line reads:

"But Proof is just acting out the part he was thrown?"

Cuz I always thought it was:

"But Proof is just acting out, "
Nah it's right in my sig, well at least www.ohhla.com says it is :) .

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.