Chamillionaire prepares sophmore album

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
As Chamillionaire continues to work on his sophomore album, Ultimate Victory, the Houston rapper has had to put the mic down and deal with rumors about his supposed role in a mass e-mailing accusing music distributor BCD Music Group of sparking the raid on DJ Drama and DJ Don Cannon.

"I have not signed any contract or given authorization to BCD to distribute any Chamillionaire mixtape," begins a statement from the rapper, released through his publicist. "However, just because I don't do business with them does not mean that I blame them for anything that happened with DJ Drama and Don Cannon. I am working on my sophomore album and have absolutely no time to be focusing on anyone's business but my own. I wish DJ Drama and Don Cannon the best. I have full confidence that they will be able to handle this situation and can continue to promote and market artists as well as they have been able to do in the past. These rumors are false and have absolutely no merit, truth, or facts to support them."

BCD Music Group had been a distributor for Chamillionaire's The Mixtape Messiah in 2004 and The Truth in 2005. But, BCD is currently suing the rapper for breach of contract stemming from their previous business dealings.

Meanwhile, Ultimate Victory is due in stores on March 27 via Universal and features such artists as Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne, UGK's Pimp C, Slick Rick, Devin the Dude and Bone Thugs 'N Harmony. Kelis pitches in on the first single, "Not a Criminal."

Chamillionaire recently made Mixtape Messiah 2 available as a free download, with a DVD version to follow. He’s currently featured on Three 6 Mafia's new single, "Doe Boy Fresh."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.